Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2003 5:33:08 PM EDT
I'm trying to install a carbine length PRI free float tube.  When I try to place the front sight post back on, it hits the tube and will no go forward far enough.  

I'm wondering if I have to replace the front sight with a flip down or milled version.?

I've noticed there are about three threads showing after snugging the collar.  It stops when it reaches the allen holes on the tube.  (I've just looked at some pics of PRI tube in the equipment exchange with about three threads showing)

It looks like if I tighten the tube down the remaining threads, It might move enough to place the sight.  Problem is, it's not going to go without a lot of force.  

Any information or ideas are appreciated.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had this happen with some otherfloat tubes.  If it almost but not quite fitting then just file the front sight a little bit so that it clears.  You can then use some cold blue solution or a touch-up pen to cover the exposed metal.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top