Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 1:11:30 PM EDT
I'm considering an upgrade to the BSA red dot sight currently on my M4gery.  I'm leaning toward the EOTech but am intrigued by the Reflex.  I have seen both at a gun show, but never used either.  

What are your thoughts one way or the other?  What do you think of the one you have?  Nothing tactical, just general range blasting.

Thanks
Doc
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Doc,

I have a Trijicon Reflex II with the 12.5 moa triangle and the EOTech 552.

Reflex II
Pro: No batteries, EVER.
Con: Reticle "washes" out in bright light

Pro:  Adjustable brightness levels for differing environments
Con:  Uses AA batteries (Long battery life)

Just my $0.02.

I am sure there are more in depth threads out there if you do a search...  
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The Reflex was good in its time.  Its washout and fogging issues leave it far eclipsed by the Eotech and the Aimpoint.

If those two were my choices, Eotech all the way.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had all three and still have the Eotech, the reflex just didnt work out for me, I go inside out and outside in and it was hard to keep up with the dot it washed out, I will stick with the eotech and aimpoint.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had an orginal Reflex - gee must be going on 6-7 years now and still love it.  Lightweight, tough, and never needs batteries.

I've recently picked up an EO Tech 552 (AA batteries) and I think its a better sight overall.  While being larger, heavier, and mounts 0.2" too low for my tastes - it uses the most commmon battery available (and can use rechargables), its reticle is brighter (won't wash out when I use my Surefire), and its lens doesn't change the perceived point of impact when using the irons through it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#6]
EoTech
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I went from Reflex to Aimpoint to EOTech.  It had been an expensive lesson but I am happy with the EOTech for the task I required for my carbines.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Sold Reflex to buy EOTech. As stated above, wash out, distortion through lense, and fogging were a problem. No problems with EOTech so far, better sight picture and faster retical pick up on the move.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I own Aimpoint already but just got my Eotech 551 today from G&R Tactical and so far I love it!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#10]
EOTech is probably the best sight i've ever used.  The guys at cmmginc.com have great prices and killer customer service, i'd check them out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#11]
EOTEC 552.....all the way
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:50:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I have both mounted on seperate rifles.

I dont get a washout (Reflex), I do get a battery caused complete dot-out though(EOTech)...[;)]

You said "nothing tactical", IMHO your best bet is EOTech...The bigger square blob, high drag low speed, easy to use, always dead on when you have batteries thing....

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Just my .o2

Reflex II seems to have alot of parallax error, or something similar ( mine does anyway, maybe I just got a bad one ). But as mentioned it's always on.

Eotech, similar to my Holosight, is much quicker to aquire sight picture, particularly in bright light. But, with dead batteries it won't help you much.

Travis F.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I have had both.  The Reflex is dark and it washes out.  There is no good solution to either problem.  The mount is good and recticle is cool.

The Eotech has a very bright sight picture, probably the brightest of any dot scope, and the recticle can be adjusted to any light.  The contols are not great, but they are sure better than the Reflex's.  The "mount" sucks, but the recticle is good.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give the Eotech an 8 and the Reflex a 0.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top