Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 5:46:12 PM EDT
Can someone tell me the outside diameter of the receiver extension?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what you are looking for so try this link. Maybe it will answer your questions. Print it out, it is good info.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/content/docs/lowerBlueprint.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, TAC40, but the extension is not in the blueprint.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry that didn't help, but I did find out it is threaded to 1 3/16" x 16tpi. If you are wondering about length there are 3 different sizes out there that I know of. The shortest is for the M-4 style collapsible stock, the A2 stock version which is the longest, and the A1 version which is slightly shorter than the A2. However, I don't know the dimensions.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, could someone who owns a caliper PLEASE measure the outside diameter of the lower receiver extension (buffer tube) and give me a reasonably accurate measurement?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I got 1.120" on the LE tube I had laying around.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OK, could someone who owns a caliper PLEASE measure the outside diameter of the lower receiver extension (buffer tube) and give me a reasonably accurate measurement?

Thanks.
View Quote

Are you wanting the diameter of the rifle tube, a Colt collapsible stock tube, or a commercial collapsible stock tube?  They are all slightly different.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I got 1.165 on my aftermarket tube...
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got 1.165 on my aftermarket tube...
View Quote

MilSpec/Colt/Vltor tubes measure at 1.150

ls
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top