Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2003 6:09:42 PM EDT
I'm looking at buying my first AR-15. I'll be using this for USPSA, 3 gun, and some varmint shooting.
I think I've narrowed it down to a Bushmaster V-Match 20" with a mini Y-comp and a Bushnell 3200 2x7 power scope. What is your opinions on this? Is the trigger going to be ok in the stock Bushmaster or should I spend some more $ and have a gun built by Benny Hill or some other custom gunsmith? What is your opinion on the Bushmaster V-Match with the Y-comp? I can get one for $845 out the door. There is just too many options out there for the new AR buyer to choose from, starting to make my head spin!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:19:23 PM EDT
sims5... Normaly, I would say that the Bushy would be a good choice...[b]However[/b], the fellas out at [url=www.tdiohio.com]TDI[/url] have been seeing quite a few problems with them this year. I don't know what that's attributed to, but something must be running amuk at the factory. I'll tell ya what, I just picked myself up anice little RRA M4. It's a slick little piece, and the trigger is butter smooth. The smoothest I've ever felt on a stock gun. The reliability has been excellent so far. 1000 rounds, and not a single stoppage. Give them a look...[url=www.rockriverarms.com]Rock River Arms[/url]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:22:02 PM EDT
Bushy's are great guns but tend to be expensive. I have an Olympic setup like the V-Match and it is great. But it really has to be what you like. On the second issue the Mini-Y could rank up their with the morst thing to mount on the end of a gun. It is so f*%@ing loud each time you pull the trigger is will make you say what the hell was I thinking when I bought this thing. Oh that is if the guy next to you dosen't decide to kick the shit out of you. [BD]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:40:35 PM EDT
Bushmaster makes a great rifle. And stands behind it. I don't think you could make a mistake dealing with them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:54:49 PM EDT
B U S H M A S T E R. Excellent quality and Excellent service (if, if you ever need service). Stay away from ALL muzzle brakes. Muzzle brakes make the rifle very unpleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:22:44 PM EDT
I recently bought an RRA, and love it!! The FFL i bought from tells me they have some of the best customer service in the business too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:48:22 AM EDT
Thanks for the opinions. I've looked at RRA and haven't found a 20" flat top without a bull barrel. I'll keep looking.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:11:30 AM EDT
Bushmaster was my first AR and I will buy from them again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:42:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By G35: B U S H M A S T E R. Excellent quality and Excellent service (if, if you ever need service). Stay away from ALL muzzle brakes. Muzzle brakes make the rifle very unpleasant to shoot.
View Quote
------- I have absolutely no issue with my M-4 type equipped mini Y compensated Bushmaster. I like the fact that I don't have to baby the crown of the muzzle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 10:29:57 AM EDT
Will most comps such as the Y-comp fit the Rock River Arms stainless bull barrel?
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 10:35:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2003 10:37:17 AM EDT by RobarSR60]
Originally Posted By sims5: Thanks for the opinions. I've looked at RRA and haven't found a 20" flat top without a bull barrel. I'll keep looking.
View Quote
You're not looking hard enough. They make them...[url=http://www.rockriverarms.com/standard_a4.htm]RRA A4[/url]. You won't be sorry. These guns are very nice.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:46:35 PM EDT
Your right I wasn't looking hard enough. Thanks for the help. I ordered a rifle today from TTi in VA. Let you all know when I get it.
Top Top