Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/24/2003 9:09:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2003 9:09:30 AM EDT by maximaking]
My first p[ost on AR15.com Woo Hoo....

Anyhow guys/gals Im looking for a new toy. I've decided I need an AR and now I have some (not much) money. I was looking at CDNN in the 2003-3 catalog they have 16" stubby super light and the 16" shorty A2 fixed handle. What's the difference? Im looking at pg 19 of the catalog. I could also do one of the ones for $729 if it would be a big advantage.

Thanks
Todd
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:15:36 AM EDT
What's your budget limit? I'm a kinda newbie myself (got my first AR a couple months back) and if I was to do it again I would have gone with this - [IMG]http://www.onpointfirearms.com/Images/ar15.jpg[/IMG] [URL]www.onpointfirearms.com[/URL] this basically has everything you need except ammo and maybe a couple extra mags. Remember, learn from other peoples experience and mistakes so you don't have to repeat them! [:)] If you don't have all the money right now, save up until you do! when you buy quality you only cry once!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:37:11 AM EDT
I don't have the CDNN catalog in front of me here, but as I remember, one of them has a very short "entry" stock on it. The Bushmaster super light is a great rifle. I don't think you could go wrong with it. I would prefer a flat top, but what you are talking about is terrific.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:07:21 PM EDT
I don't think you'll like the stubby stock. Unless I could buy the rifle cheap enough that I could also replace the buttstock, I probably wouldn't do it. Just my humble opinion (MHO).
Top Top