Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 9:09:07 AM EDT
My first p[ost on AR15.com   Woo Hoo....

Anyhow guys/gals Im looking for a new toy. I've decided I need an AR and now I have some (not much) money. I was looking  at CDNN in the 2003-3 catalog they have 16" stubby super light and the 16" shorty A2 fixed handle.  What's the difference? Im looking at pg 19 of the catalog. I could also do one of the ones for $729 if it would be a big advantage.

Thanks
Todd
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:15:36 AM EDT
[#1]
What's your budget limit? I'm a kinda newbie myself (got my first AR a couple months back) and if I was to do it again I would have gone with this - [IMG]http://www.onpointfirearms.com/Images/ar15.jpg[/IMG] [URL]www.onpointfirearms.com[/URL]

this basically has everything you need except ammo and maybe a couple extra mags. Remember, learn from other peoples experience and mistakes so you don't have to repeat them! [:)] If you don't have all the money right now, save up until you do! when you buy quality you only cry once!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have the CDNN catalog in front of me here, but as I remember, one of them has a very short "entry" stock on it.

The Bushmaster super light is a great rifle. I don't think you could go wrong with it. I would prefer a flat top, but what you are talking about is terrific.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think you'll like the stubby stock.  Unless I could buy the rifle cheap enough that I could also replace the buttstock, I probably wouldn't do it.  Just my humble opinion (MHO).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top