Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 7:04:22 PM EDT
Hi!

I would like to build up a m4(ish).  If you had your choice what complete Post ban Lower would you buy?  I'm not interested in buying preban.  So, What lower and Where should I buy it?  Keep Quality in mind over price.

Look forward to your recommendations.

Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
A Rock River Arms, are a good value and you can pick a dealer over at the EE to buy one from. The Bushmasters are nice, but a little pricey. You can buy A RRA stripped for 99 bucks delivered.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]
To me, my RRA lower w/ National Match trigger is BEEE-U-T-FUL.  

I also like the RRA TASC upper I got later too.

Big Al
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Are these quality?  any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:26:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster...

i built my franken-ar with OLY lower an the trigger is nowhere near as good as bushy and the edges arent as smooth IMO.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:26:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The last few lowers I have purchased were RRA. They are as good as any and reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought an ASA, although I won't buy any of their other stuff, for reasons stated on this board.  

Guess what, it appears to be made by Rock River as it has the shallow shelf.  It fits perfectly/exact color with my RR varmint upper and has been flawless in operation and looks great.  I got it for $110 at the last gun show and unless I can get a RRA lower there, I'm getting another ASA.  I am using Bushy internals, though.

I'm using a RRA flat top upper mated to a Colt barrel for my second build.

My third and fourth builds will likely be on Bushy lowers.  After that, I may try my hand at some 80% lowers.

I don't think there is a problem with A-B-C, DPMS, or Rock River.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:26:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Stinger or Mega Lowers are great. Tight fit and good color. [8D]

[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=56275&c=500&z=1"][img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/056275.jpg[/img][/url]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:32:07 AM EDT
[#8]
$830, sans ELCAN, from the RRA shop at Camp Perry...

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/054027.jpg[/img]

Could you build it cheaper? Maybe. Would it look as nice, and fit as nicely as this does? Doubtful.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a Tromix Lower Receiver from Tony Rumore and like it really well. It came stripped, however.

For a complete Lower, I'd look at a RRA from Legal Transfers(Pete-in-NH) or possibly an Eagle Arms(Armalite).

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm presently the owner of a Rock River Arms lower receiver. Rock River (CMT) undoubtedly makes the best lower receiver on the common market. Extremely smooth, black finish. No purple, no tight magwells, and it fits perfectly on all the uppers I've come across. There's a shelf in back, but that doesn't affect my use.

Having said that, my next lowers will all be Stinger/MEGA lowers. They have even smoother, darker finishes, and are devoid of forging seams present even on the RRA lowers. The fit is also top-notch. They do, however, feel less substantial. This is perceptive, I believe, though. The kicker is that you can get one shipped for less than $100
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#11]
RRA with NM triger from PETE at LEGAL TRANSFERS.best price,best service and he knows what he's doing .I got a US PROPERTY lower and it's great way better than my bushmaster.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Eagle Arms  (A Division of ArmaLite.)
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd have to go with a DPMS.  Least expensive and still damn good quality.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#14]
A new RRA complete post-ban lower (std trigger, grip and stock) can be had for about $209 plus freight (what I paid for one recently) and whatever your friendly neighborhood FFL holder might charge.

The NM trigger already installed runs about $100 more, but I plan on using one for my next planned rifle--a 20" RRA varmint.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
$830, sans ELCAN, from the RRA shop at Camp Perry...

Could you build it cheaper? Maybe. Would it look as nice, and fit as nicely as this does? Doubtful.
View Quote

NICE with the new Stainless R4 barrel, very trick, did you see the ones in green at Perry?
Robert
www.rbprecision.com
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#16]
i would recommend Bushmaster or RRA
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Stinger or Mega Lowers are great. Tight fit and good color. [8D]

View Quote

I have been VERY impressed with mine.
Got it on a whim in a private sale, and love it to death- though I suspect many of these companies are buying complete lowers from the same source, and stamping their name on them.

Just a hazzard, but I think that may be the case.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Let's see

I have the following:

Eagle Arms
Olympic Arms
Bushmaster
Rock River

Out of the 4 I would probably go Rock River from Pete.  He has a good deal and has great products.

Just my Opinion,

Max
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#19]
RRA or Eagle Arms (Armalite)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top