Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 11:27:39 PM EDT
I'm leaving my beloved home state of texas to live in "Ole Miss" is my beloved pre-ban blackrifle allowed there?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
from what i remember, Mississippi is pretty lax. I had to go there for a TDY for 30 days. It's not a bad place. Concealed carry with a permit. Open carry is a no-no. One nice tihng i found out, is that in Mississippi, your vehicle is an extention of your house. That means you can carry locked and loaded, concealed or not...as long as you are in your car, you are concidered in your house.

Don't quote me on that, but that's what i was told when i went down there.

I also drove past a few drive-thru liquor stores. [;)]

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure you're copesetic.  I live just north of the border in Memphis.  I'll find out a definitive answer and let you know.  One of our Captains is a Deputy Sheriff down there so he should know.

E-95
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:25:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I would find out if they require indoor shitters first!
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:25:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I would think that ARs are OK in any state "down Souf" (Its the gun/bible belt you know!) [:D]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Checked with my Captain and he said that there are no laws that he knows of that would prevent ownership of an AR.

E-95
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm leaving my beloved home state of texas to live in "Ole Miss" is my beloved pre-ban blackrifle allowed there?
View Quote

You decided to move somewhere [b]before[/b] knowing if your firearms were allowed? [slap]
Silly, silly person.
[;D]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#8]
We know that he's a silly, silly person based solely on the fact that he's actually leaving Texas for any other place.

Be careful David.  If you stay away too long, you might lose your Texas citizenship and be treated as a illegal alien should you try to return.

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Yuuuuupp. u ken have ur fancy plastic guns n shotguns n whatever you like here in Mississip.

The car (and your business) is an extension of your house is true in MS, but always tell a law officer you have a weapon in your car. Most will not care. Some will ask if its loaded. If you say "no", some will ask you "why not" ( I do know a LEO that is that way about people who are obviously responsible citizens).  But there are some out there that will ask you to step out etc etc while they secure the firearm then go about the traffic stop and give you a hard time about it.

Be warned in MS, the Natchez Trace Parkway is considered a Federal something so you cannot have a firearm in your car while driving on it. Its considered the same as a school or courthouse even though its just a road.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:03:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Lone Star Judge, I think that you'll like this:

The Difference Between Liberals, Conservatives and Texans

Question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges.

You are carrying a Glock .40 caliber pistol and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
What would I, of all people, be doing with a gun?!  Besides, everybody knows that a new living and enlightened interpretation of the Constitution's Bill of Rights is that it only protects the right of the State and the Police to own a gun.  But, to answer your uncouth and unsophisticated extremist question...

Does the man look poor or oppressed or marginalized? Have I, or anyone who looks like me, ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack? In what sense am I responsible for forcing this victim of an unfair and socially unjust society to attack us?  Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? What do they think?

Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?

What does the law say about this situation?   What if everybody protects themselves, like I might in this case,  and it leads to extremism or vigilantism?

Does the Glock have an appropriate safety built into it?

Why am I carrying a loaded gun, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?

Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? How does he feel about all of this?  Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?

Would the loving and compassionate self-sacrifice of my life contribute to diversity and inclusiveness and social justice?

If I offered to finance his sex-change operation, would he become One with the Biosphere?

If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?

This is all so confusing! I need to study and debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Conservative Answer:

BANG!

Texan's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click... (sounds of reloading).

Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?"

Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it, too."

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.

Daughter: "Nice group, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?"

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 4:13:56 AM EDT
[#11]
[rofl]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:08:39 AM EDT
[#12]
One note of disgust.   It should be obvious to everyone that the Constitution is being ignored if anyone even has to ASK a question like that.  What is next???  Asking if I can practice free speech in North Dakota, or if I am going to have to quarter soldiers in my house in New Jersey?  
The bad thing is we (the population in general, not we thinking people) have VOTED ourselves into this situation.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Yep they're allowed here [snoopy]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't believe all this bad advice you are getting!  Usually the guys at ARFCOM on right on top of things.

NO WAY ARE ARs allowed in Mississippi.  They will put you UNDER the jail.

Please email me for address to ship all your ARs for safekeeping.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes your guns are welcome in Mississippi.
South= Freedom
North= Gun grabbing liberals
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top