Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2003 11:46:55 PM EDT
I was at a gun show here in Reno, NV, was talking to one of the AR parts vendors. They stated that the parts they have are manufactured by FN.

Is this possible?
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 11:50:40 PM EDT
[#1]
This is an old story. There is not official FN parts.  FN does ask subcontractors to manufacture parts for them, if the parts did not meet the spec of FN, it can flow to the civilain market for sale by the sub contractors.  also the sub contractors can seel the parts themselves, it is just much easier to call it FN parts then say it is made by XYZ company.  FN parts are only avialable on gov't contracts.

Believe me, I have a very good friend who is THE FN factory rep this part of the country.
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 11:59:37 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I keep reading on this board, but they claim the upper A3 flat top is FN
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The FN Parts you are referring to is made by Kaiser (aluminum company)FN doesnt really makes anything, its all contracted out to other companies. Any Parts that FN Chooses not to Purchase can be sold off to others, But it Wont say FN on the Part, but it might SAY FK on the Receiver etc..
The Parts that FN uses are all Top Quality Parts intended for MILSPEC.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 12:15:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's what I keep reading on this board, but they claim the upper A3 flat top is FN
View Quote

They can claim all they want, and I can tell you I am hung like a horse, but sadly it isn't true.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#5]
The vendor may be simply lying to you.  Unscrupulous dealers like to describe unknown (and unmarked) parts as being made by FN.

IMHO, unless you’re dealing with a reputable vendor or have specific reason to know otherwise, you should assume that any so-called FN made AR part is junk!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#6]
No, they're not "FN", they're not "stolen", they're not "scrap", and they are certainly not "junk" [rolleyes]
All of the answers are provided by JTDistributing in  this thread; [url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=141117]are FN parts prohibited parts?[/url]
and there are, literally, THOUSANDS of "FN" kits/guns that belong to members of this site, and work fine.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The vendor may be simply lying to you.
View Quote

[b]Vendors don’t lie…

Neither do the guys who write the magazine articles…[/b]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top