Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 3:35:08 AM EDT
I'm thinking of putting the 50 BEO onto a pre ban lower with a collapsable stock.  Due to the extra recoil will this have adverse affects on the stock? Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:57:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not shoot the 50BEO but i do shoot the 50 AE, which is a less powerful cartridge. It will collapse a collapsable stock, so I would assume the BEO would be worse.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]

I shot mine on a CAR stock. Worked, but I put it on an A2.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:14:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Same here.  I have one, shoot it each time I go to the range.  I originally had a collapsable stock on it (fake one though) and it transfers all of the recoil to a small portion of your shoulder due to the poor shoulder weld of those stocks and leaves pretty little checker marks there.  I then changed it to an A2 stock for comfort.  Nothing to due with wear and tear, just comfort.  I love it though.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/pdb473411c817183e759ab70b88a86744/fb76f35f.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#4]
458 SOCOM with similar recoil and 50AE with less recoil do not collapse my six position RRA CAR stock.

YMMV....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top