User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2003 12:27:54 PM EDT
Any problems?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had an RRA 20" upper for about six months and have put 3000 rounds through it already. Not a single problem so far.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
nope,nada,none,zilch,zero
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the one I got from Legal Transfers:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=3499[/img]

The bottom one.....M4gery
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Never had an RRA upper but I really like their lowers.

Scot
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently bought a RockRiver flattop upper from ADCO.  Swapped out my A2. (BIG mistake back when i was cheap) Installed my EOtech and #40 BUIS, and went to the range. The upper has a very dark matte finish, and everything ran like a champ.  

Here's the link to ADCO.  It may not be what your looking for, but they have the cheapest price I have yet seen on an A3/A4 type upper with dust cover and FA installed. ($90!) $4 flat rate shipping also! Did I mention they are also an advertiser here as well?

[url=http://www.adcofirearms.com/]ADCO[/url]

Tex78
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
My latesone from Legal Transfers...

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=15635[/img]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a single problem with either my RRA upper (mated to an Oly preban lower) or RRA lower.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I got 2 flattops complete w/ bolt and carrier (IIRC they call them an "A3") in July, they look great and the fit and finish is top quality.  Only problem was that they sent them both with green handguards, but Pete (at Legal Transfers) sent replacement black handguards muy pronto.  I am darned satisfied, and Pete is one helluva nice guy to do business with. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#9]
is everything mil-spec on RRA uppers??
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, as far as I know they are.  I have one from Pete too, and the finish is superb.  In fact its so dark black, my Bushmaster lowers look "light black".  

Yes, there really are different shades of black. [brick]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:32:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
is everything mil-spec on RRA uppers??
View Quote

Based on other posts I have read at this site (I'm posting this because I haven't seem them jump in), I believe RRA uppers are MIL spec, but the RRA LOWERS tend to be on the "tight" side of the MIL spec tolerance.  That MAY indicate that their uppers are on the "loose" side of tolerance.  JUST A GUESS.  I don't recall reading anyone post about putting "brand X" lower on an RRA upper.

You can always call RRA, (309)792-5780, and ask.  I've talked to Steve at RRA and he has been very helpful.

RRA's tight lowers have caused some to experience difficulty putting their "other brand" uppers on a RRA lower.  The problem is temporary (things "break in" and wear just a smidgen after a hundered or two rounds) and then all is well.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top