Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 6:54:57 AM EDT
Hoping someone has a pic of a colt SP1 carbine that has had the barrel shortened and the A1 or A2 flash suppressor permanently attached to make it 16"

question:  Colt did make a plastic (fiberlite/zytel or whatever) collapsible stock as well as the aluminum one correct.

Edited to add:  How can I check to make sure the upper and the collapsible stock are actually Colt (I have an SP1 that I want to have the carbine upper and collapsible stock for).  

And, did colt make an A1 carbine upper with a small hole or are they all large hole uppers like the one on my 20" SP1?

Thanks for your help

ADH
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't post a pic, 'cause I ain't got the computer stuff to do it with, but can answer at least some of the questions.

First, SP1 carbines used only metal collapsible stocks. They did make plastic types for the later models, but not the SP1s.

All the early type uppers are large hole. That being said, there are a bunch of A1 type uppers out, with small holes, as Govt. surplus, and you can occasionally find a large hole A1 type upper from a late type commercial large hole piece that someone has put an A2 type upper on. that's what I've got on my SP1 carbine right now.

Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the input
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top