Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2003 10:46:45 AM EDT
Does anyone here know why the BATF approved fixed telescoping stocks for post ban ARs only come in the fully opened fixed position?  Why not have it fixed in the fully closed position?  Is there a minimum length for a stock?  I did a search and i couldn't find anything on this subject.

It would be great if the approved fixed tele-stocks come fully closed (at least for during the winters).

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Most post-ban tele-stocks use a regular type receiver extension that doesn't have the positon detent holes, so they are fixed at the end of the extension. They also use a regular buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC the minimum length is 26 inches for the rifle to be legal and not considered a SBR (short barrel rifle)  MY GUESS is that the Mfgs make them this way because the majority of the people who have post ban guns need a utility stock and it would not be as good or useful for bench or recreational shooting if it was too short i.e. closed permanantly.  Thus they just stuck with the open position to please the masses.  Again this is just my .02 so dont squish this guy <--me) for stating it, there may be a better reason, I just dont knwo it.  I actually wondered about it at one point as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top