Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/26/2003 11:20:10 AM EDT
I did a search here, and couldn't find any topics on this. So, I was wondering what the best one to buy is, and how much it should cost. I went to www.22lrconversions.com, and theirs looks pretty good, but I have no idea which are better than others. Please let me know the general concensus on the best and the worst. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:52:25 AM EDT
I've had good luck with my Ciener .22 units, they're around $140 or so with a 10 round magazine. You can get 30 round magazines for the Ciener if you don't mind selling off your firstborn in the process... [;)] Try and buy from Brownells or Bushmaster or anybody but Ciener directly... my one lone phone call to them regarding spare parts was an exercise in patience on my part... There are other units out there. Colt used to make a unit that actually worked very well but the prices now are rather high. You can also find military versions, the M261, which uses magazine inserts, but the Ciener is the most commonly available unit. I have saved a write-up in .doc format that was posted ages ago by those in the know regarding the care, feeding and troubleshooting of the Ciener unit... If you'd like it, shoot me an email...
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:15:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/26/2003 12:57:59 PM EDT by Derek45]
Yep. Get the Ceiner from [url]www.brownells.com[/url] or somebody that has great customer service. I have two, one for AR15 and one for 1911. They both are very worthwhile. I never could get the 30 rnd. mags to work. Fun with .22LR and steel plates: [img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/052446.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:31:48 PM EDT
I have a Ciener with two 10 round clips. I bought mine direct from the factory. It took over 30 days to get it. It works flawless. I would highly recommend it. I just wish I could find a couple of the 30 round mags that they used to make.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:47:42 PM EDT
I agree, get the Ciener kit. It works well and you always have the option to go with 30 round capacity mags. You don't have this option with other kits. If you want to go all the way, get a Kuehl dedicated upper (as seen in the pic below) or a KKF dedicated upper. I'd like to buy a couple of spare firing pins. Who, besides Ciener, carries them? thanks, Dan [img]http://home.ix.netcom.com/~brownhen/_uimages/M16withKuehlupper.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:19:15 PM EDT
Unless you want to fight with Ciener themselves, try here for firing pins and such... [url]www.kuehlprecisionfirearms.com/KPF%20.22%20upper%20price%20lists.htm[/url]
Top Top