Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 12:00:38 PM EDT
My A1 Shorty has the Ashley ghost ring and its sighted at 50 yards and the ML2 is also zero at 50 yards!

I was thinking of puting the standard A1 aperture in my rifle and sight in the Long range Aperture in at 25meters as it asys in the the book.

And keep the ML2 zero at 50 yards.

Is there anything wrong with this?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Troy I can shoot better with the A1 aperture rather than the ASHLEY its just to big for me!

Ive put my A1 aperture in now.

Should i zero the L aperture at 25m then Flip back like the book says!

I know the A1 aperture is on different planes Long range and Short range?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Troy I can shoot better with the A1 aperture rather than the ASHLEY its just to big for me!
View Quote

The Ashley isn't meant for precision - its meant for speed (e.g. it's irons for 'fighting).

Should i zero the L aperture at 25m then Flip back like the book says!
View Quote

Only if you have a 20" barrel (or Dissapator setup).  It doesn't quite work for the carbine - for the carbine you're better off with the 50y zero.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Hi Forest master of the Carbine!

The Best I can Do is to keep all my rounds into a 2 inch square with the Ashley aperture useing the smaller hole? Im ashamed!

So if I zero the Long range aperture on the A1 irons at 50yards what would be my Zero for the Short Range aperture?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hi Forest master of the Carbine!
View Quote

LOL! Hardly!

The Best I can Do is to keep all my rounds into a 2 inch square with the Ashley aperture useing the smaller hole? Im ashamed!
View Quote

If you can keep your rounds in a roughly 2" group at 50 yards that is darn fine shooting - you should be happy.

So if I zero the Long range aperture on the A1 irons at 50yards what would be my Zero for the Short Range aperture?
View Quote

Around 308M IIRC for a 16" barrel using M193 at sea level with standard conditions.  

With a rifle if you follow the manual (L @25m) you get a 42/250M zero for the unmarked and a 25M/375M for the 'L' aperture.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I zeroed my A1 uppers at 150yds with the short range
aperature, and when you flip to the long range
aperature it is dead on at about 350-375yds.
Any farther than that and I use the scope.
Or a bigger caliber.

Might not be perfect, but it works for me.
Scott
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Forest!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW maybe I will just put the ashely back on!
I aws comparing old targets A1 Aperture vs Ashley aperture useing my bushy 16 shorty that kurt cut down and added his Bird cage brake?
Btw I have a Barrel thats not 16 or 14.5 Now!

Any hoot the A1 targets are alot tighter than the ashley targets!

I would hate to see my groups at 50 yards with the ghost ring?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top