Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 9:39:37 AM EDT
A dealer here has a pre-ban Eagle Arms Ar15, flat top.

I don't know the price yet, and I can't give any more specifics. I have e-mailed him and hope to be gettinga responce soon as to price and configuration.

So, I am doing a little research about Eagle Arms and their Pre-Ban rifles, adn I was wondering if you could tell me anything abuot them.

This would also be my first pre-ban rifle
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no complaints about mine.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I've owned more than one and found them to be excellent AR's.  (Eagle still lives as a division of the new ArmaLite company.)
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I would rate Eagles as the best there ever were. Not counting the ones Armalite slips out from under the counter now adays every so often.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, here is what I have been told by the dealer.

it is a factory verified pre-ban, it has a 24" barrel with a free float handguard and a Two stage trigger. A2 stock. The price is $1000.

I am interested in making a light weight pre-ban, so the upper, and the A2 stock would have to go. My question now is, how hard would it be to find someone to buy the upper and what could I get for it? Would it be enough to replace the uppper with an 14.5" M4 upper with Phantom FH, as well as a Voltor Carbine stock?

Thanks for all the help
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would rate Eagles as the best there ever were. Not counting the ones Armalite slips out from under the counter now adays every so often.
View Quote

I did'nt know many folks knew about the few under the counter sales of there stock of Pre-bans. I have one I got about two years ago and it has the best finish of any of the AR's I own.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#6]
$1000 isn't unreasonable but you don't seem to be interested in the current configuration. I would suggest you keep shopping till you find something that you want.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
$1000 isn't unreasonable but you don't seem to be interested in the current configuration. I would suggest you keep shopping till you find something that you want.
View Quote

Youre right about the not being in the configuratino that I want, but I wuld be willing to spend the time, selling the upper and replacing it and the A2 stock mearly because you can Rarley find a pre-ban in gun shops around here and the only other places to find them are gun shows, and the prices are so outrageous, its insane!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Just adding, I currently own two pre-ban Eagles.  The lowers are outstanding in all ways.  They were fully functional from the factory, despite not having chrome lined barrels, but Ive updated them both with flat tops and chrome barrels.  Get it, you wont be disappointed.

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

it is a factory verified pre-ban, it has a 24" barrel with a free float handguard and a Two stage trigger. A2 stock. The price is $1000.

View Quote

You don't mention the condition of the AR nor any accessories, however, the condition would have to be pretty poor not to to be worth $1000 - at least to me.  (If you don't buy it let me know as I might get it and use the lower for an SPR.)
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You don't mention the condition of the AR nor any accessories, however, the condition would have to be pretty poor not to to be worth $1000 - at least to me.  (If you don't buy it let me know as I might get it and use the lower for an SPR.)
View Quote

The reason I can't say what condition it is in is becasue I have not seen it.

If I did get it, I would change out the  upper and A stock, so I would also only be using the lower after selling the upper.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Eagle Arms changed there name a few years ago to Armalite.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top