Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 3:08:45 PM EDT
Hi there. I've had my Bushmaster XM15-E2S for a number of weeks now and I recently began to wonder about new upper sections. I love shooting .223 and all, but I was wondering what the benefits of a different upper are (aside from different calibers). Is there a good caliber to convert to? Are switching uppers difficult? I've looked at some 7.62X39 uppers as well as some 9MM uppers. Any advice or websites anyone could point me to would be greatly-appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
switching uppers is the easy part.  Two tack down pins and you're done.  The hard part is trying to control the urge to buy a lower for the new upper.  You'll eventually end up with many rifles. Resistance is futile.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm having trouble deciding between a .22LR upper and a 9MM upper. 9MM seems much more expensive but has larger capacity magazines to shoot. Obviously shooting .22LR is much cheaper....Anyone have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I say buy both. If you don't want to do that, you can buy a .22 conversion kit for the .223 upper and then spend the big money on a 9mm one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top