Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/11/2003 6:05:46 PM EDT
OK, I'm really excited because I finally got the money for an AimpointML2 and have two questions.
1. What is a "kill-flash" and should I get it.
2. Where's the best place to order from. price being important, but service is a really big plus?
OK, that's really 3 questions but any help would be appreciated
BASE-RIGGER
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:21:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/11/2003 6:28:43 PM EDT by IronBalaclava]
Originally Posted By BASE-RIGGER: OK, I'm really excited because I finally got the money for an AimpointML2 and have two questions. 1. What is a "kill-flash" and should I get it. 2. Where's the best place to order from. price being important, but service is a really big plus? OK, that's really 3 questions but any help would be appreciated BASE-RIGGER
View Quote
The kill flash eliminates the reflection of the glass downrange in a combat/tactical situation. For ordering I highly recommend [url]www.SWFA.com[/url] or [url]www.MSTN.biz[/url] Great folks to do business with. Excellent service and turn around time. I get my orders in no more than 2 business days from these guys. Edited to add: Before you worry about an ARD(kill flash) it's important to look at mounting solutions. I assume this is for an A3 flattop? The Aimpoint QRP rail grabber is an excellent,rugged, no loss of zero, SOPMOD issue item. ARMS(#22 M68 w/Cantilever Spacer), GG&G(Cantilever Mount), Knights Armament Co(Cantilever mount) make equally great mounting products. You can't go wrong with any of them. Also it's very important to get a BUIS(back up Iron Sight). Look no further than the ARMS #40 for great cowitnessing.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:42:15 PM EDT
I got mine at MSTN [img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/025979.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 10:17:01 PM EDT
I second www.swfa.com
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 12:45:57 AM EDT
definately figure out (if you havn't already) what mount you're going to use. i bought my aimpoint at a gunshow and didn't know the mounts were $$. the gg&g cantilever is nice but the ARMS 22m68 is cheaper and if you ever get a SIR rail or something you won't have to get rid of the other mount like i did. if you don't know if you need the killflash or not than don't get it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 12:50:21 AM EDT
My vote is on Wes at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url], based on THE best customer service from THE most knowledgeable in the industry.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:17:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/12/2003 10:21:42 AM EDT by Hoplite]
do you need a mount? If so GGG has a special where you can order an aimpoint comp M2 plus a GGG standard mount for $440. Definetly a steal. i believe the cantilever package is a few dollars more. the kill flash is not needed unless you plan on doing some "urban ops" in your neighborhood there site is [url]www.gggaz.com[/url] and click on specials
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:35:21 AM EDT
I second Hoplite's recommendation. If you can, go with the package deal from GG&G. I have their standard Aimpoint mount, and love it. It's rock solid, and has the compartment for a spare Aimpoint battery. Now that's a GOOD idea!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:53:49 AM EDT
Derek, Is that a Rare Purple Bushy I see there? I have a couple of those rare Bushy's myself !!! [LOL]
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 1:30:53 AM EDT
SAVE YOURSELF FROM BUYING THINGS THAT WON'T WORK TOGETHER AND ENDING UP WITH A BUNCH OF STUFF YOU WON'T WANT LATER. CALL WES GRANT AT MSTN. THANK ME LATER.
Top Top