Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 8:38:00 PM EDT
I sent my A2 upper back to Bushmaster for re-indexing of the barrel, after determining it was off center... My rear sight had to be set at 16 to 17 clicks to the right to be zero'ed... I called Bushmaster, and they said to send it in, they'd fix it, no problem - they were very pleasant and professional to deal with, and said they had a 5 to 7 day turnaround - which isn't bad, but man IS IT GOING TO SUCK being without my newest, currently most favorite rifle for that long... I was already missing it as I pulled away from the UPS depot... Anyways, I'll let you know how I make out - I'm pretty sure it'll be just fine - I've heard very good things about Bushmaster's service... It shoots so good, I was really tempted to just leave the sight over to the right - it will be nice to have the sights properly regulated, though... BTW, thanks to those who responded to my questions regarding this situation earlier...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
[>(] [:(] , it will all be over soon, just hang in there and don't loose any [sleep] over it. I know these are rough times, I find that finding the smallest closet in your house, going in it, laying down and curling up in a fetal posistion, then whispering to yourself, "It will all be over soon" helps a bunch. Try it, you might be suprised!! [peep]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive had to send in 2 uppers for the same problem.  Great customer service its always nice to know when things aren't perfect they will always take care of you.  I have had 4 bushmasters and will always buy only bushmasters for that very reason.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive sent one back for a "Purple" problem.. They are great people, Youve nothing to worry about. Youll be shooting again soon..Track the thing on UPS.com, that way you will no where your baby is at all times, and schedule yourself off from work the day it arrives so you can test it out. Start acting sick at work so they will anticipate you being gone for a day or two, as you must rebond with the upper when it gets back!! (thats what i did...)   John
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:25:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the moral support, gents... I checked the UPS tracking #, and it's supposed to be delivered today, so maybe I'll have it back before next weekend - I'm looking forward to getting it back, believe me!!!!

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:37:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I had the same thing happen, it was tough.  Through the grace of God, Guiness, and Philip Morris, I got through it.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:46:59 AM EDT
[#6]
This the perfect reason to have at least 2 ARs.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Got that right moxnix228!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I feel for you, as I don't know what I would do with out my favorite rifle for that long. Good luck. I am sure that Bushmaster will take care of you though.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Sad, very sad.
Not that he is away from his rifle, that you guys have no real friends/life.[;)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi georgestrings.If you have some time could you please explain "indexing".The reason i ask is i had to do the same thing to my oly 16" m.4.I had to set the rear sight the whole way right to get the damm thing to shoot some were close to straight.I have since upgraded to a flat top with optic,s but the accuracy is still crappy.Yea it could be me but i,ve been shooting it for almost 2 yrs now,even with primo ammo it's still not to good.Thanx for your time
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Having two is not even optional.  You do have a spare tire don't you.  The BM Service guys treated me like GOLD, the one and only time I had to use them.  You couldn't be in better hands.

Take deep breaths.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I had the same problem with a bushy my buddy has, I bought the proper tool from brownell's and after 400 lbs of pressure I was able to fix it.  THe barrel ext was about 1/8 off and wouldnt even keep it on the paper.  The gun was preban and since it was so old Bushmaster wouldnt fix it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#13]
moxnix - Believe me, I'd LOVE to own a 2nd AR, but for now, I still have a .308 niche to fill - some day, though...

In the meantime, I've got plenty of other guns to shoot - I've also been enjoying the great accuracy of a recently purchased CZ 452 American, and I've got some other semi's, a few bolt rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzleloaders, and PLENTY of archery equipment to pass the time while away from my newest love... This Bushy is my 1st AR, and I have really been enjoying it(well over 1,000rnds in less than a month) - I ordered a scope and mount for it, and just picked up a reddot I'm looking forward to trying out...

PROVO - The way Bushmaster explained it, most likly the indexing pin is either bent, or broken - thus allowing the barrel to be rotated to the point that the front sight is not centered over the bore... In my case, this didn't affect accuracy, just the position of the rear sight relative to being zero'ed - my rifle is PLENTY accurate, that's why I hesitated to send it in to correct the barrel indexing... I'm not really sure what's going on with your Oly - with the open sights, my Bushy A2 is capable of MOA accuracy(my eyesight being the limiting factor, I'm sure) - I've already shot some good groups at 100 and 200 yards, and shooting clay pidgeons at 100, or bowling pins at 200 wasn't much of a problem... I suspect, that with the new scope I've got coming in, it may approach 1/2 MOA - I hope you figure yours out...

- georgestrings
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top