Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 7:20:54 AM EDT
Ive got a 16" HBAR with midlength handguards Im thinking of mounting a bipod on. Which one do you guys recommend? Also, how is the bipod mounted to the handguard. Ive seen pics of them and always just kind of had this question. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Harris -- If you got the money . good sturdy tough bipod with great features get a shorter one --i dont remember the model i have something somethhing A2-- but i have mounted mine on an M4 upper same size you got . go to their web site or other gun related sights that sell stuff thell hav'em price arond $60and up .. good luck ...Harris also has a mount that goes on your hand guard specifically for the ar 15 hand guard
you must take your guards off or just the lower one to install it only takes a couple of minutes and your on your way ...... Later
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I really like the Harris bipod with the leg notches. It adjusts from 9-13 inches. It's model 1A2-LM.
The adapter stud for AR-15 round handguards is the model #5 also made by Harris.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Hello,

I plan to buy a bipod for my AR.  Out of all the ones I have seen Harris is the way to go.  Not sure about the mounting but I hear it is easy.  They have a certain mount by Harris for the AR handguard.  Good Luck...

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I will look into Harris, thanks guys
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#5]
What about Versa-Pod bipods?  I can't decide between them and Harris.  I've read that the Versa-Pod can be switch between rifles quickly.  Any opinions?
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got the Versa-Pod on mine(24" RRA Varmint) and it works great. If you order it from Cabelas, you get 2 mounts, so you can switch the bi-pod btween 2 rifles.

It takes about 5 seconds to make the switch.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Get the Harris, a little pricey, but well worth the few extra $'s. Not to mention it looks bada$$ on my RRAM4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top