Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 8:37:15 PM EDT
could someone explain to me how to bump fire your weapon. I  cant afford legal fullauto and i dont want to illegal convert to fullauto. i do follow the laws so that is why i'm looking for the closest thing to fullauto and still be legal.I already know about the tac trigger and all the other trigger devices they sound like a waste of money. could  some one  please explain to me how to bump fire  thanks
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
learn at ETH's Farm!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
pull the trigger really [i]really[/i] fast!

-Lee
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot of it depends on what AR you have.  I have a Colt HBAR & MT6400C and can't bump either one of them, of course I might just not be doing it right.  

The whole idea is to put constant light forward pressure on the trigger and let the recoil reset it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:09:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I havn't tried it on the AR but it should be kinda the same as the AK.  I can do it witht he AK.  Basicly you use your left hand that is on the handguard to pull (keep foward pressure) the weapon forward and keep your trigger finger against the trigger.  This will cause the weapon to fire and then the recoil will pull the weapon back and allow the trigger to reset.  If you do this right it fires - recoils - trigger resets - fires again (keep forward pressure with handguard hand) - and so on...

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:22:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I've tried numerous times myself and can't get it right.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:11:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I tried on one of my Ar's and it wouldn't work. I think the problem was that it had a sloppy trigger, and a muzzle brake. These two items absorb too much recoil to allow you to bump. I have yet to try my "Better" AR, but I think it will still be difficult, even with a more crisp trigger, because of the brake. [banghead]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:14:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not good at it , butI use my finger or thumb hooked on my pants pocket and pulled really tight. This thumb goes through your trigger. Use your other hand on the forearm and pull towards the muzzle with constant pressure until mag is empty. It's fun for awile but soon you realize that it's a real waste of ammo. I can't hit anything doing it either.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:54:10 AM EDT
[#8]
You can't hit beans that way, but you can sure scare the heck out of em...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#9]
It's hard to bump with most AR's, as the recoil movement of the AR is rather light. with a very light trigger, is is possible. AK's are wonderful bump fire guns though.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Goat, Legs, FALARAK and I, will give you lessons.

My fastest bumping is done when I put my empty side arm in my front waste (mexican carry style). Instead of "belt-looping" I put my "naughty" finger through the trigger guard into the mag well of the auto pistol which is more supportive.

I can consistantly do whole 30 rounders.

FALARAK can actually aim and bump from the shoulder.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:24:42 AM EDT
[#11]
My SP1 bump fairly well, but nothing like an AK. I saw someone bump fire a Carbon 15 once from the shoulder and actually hit what he was aiming at.  Been trying ever since, maybe will one day succeed..lol.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a blast doing it to my buddies AK
[url]http://www.4matman.com/clan/downloads/video/Video024.wmv[/url]
Did it so much he made me do it to my AR(never thought id admit this much less provide videos)LOL[url]http://www.4matman.com/clan/downloads/video/Video028.wmv[/url]........................UNDERDOG
P.S. still working on the shoulder bump...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Great videos!  But I cant tell.  Are you all saying to place the thumb(instead of trigger finger) behind the trigger and push forward on the back of it? Or put thumb on the front of the trigger and pull it normally?  Also keep forward pressure on the handguard?  How much pressure either way?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#14]
This is how ive found it works best for me.....Put your index finger into the triggerguard and your thumb behind the grip making a sorta backwards "C" now lock the tips of your index and thumb into your thigh....Now dont move either your thumb or finger and pull gently forward on the forarm with your left hand,When the rifle fires it will "rock" between your thumb and finger thus pulling the trigger for you....It helps to have a lighter trigger or a two stage and ill agree that the SAR1 is easier do to more recoil...UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#15]
That's some fancy shooting there dog...

You seem to get a much higher rate of fire from the AR.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Worked for me with a mini-thirty.  Haven't tried it with the AR.  I feel it may be hard on the barrel.

IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE PAIN, DON'T PLAY THE GAME
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Underdog!  Thanks for the info.  The video makes it all clear now too.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Can you bump fire an SKS?

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't bump on my AR because the trigger is a stiffer USGI trigger plus theres almost no recoil.  I found that if you want to mess around, just shoulder the rifle on your left, hold it with your left hand on the handguard, put your right index finger in the trigger guard and just roll it around as fast as you can, fires as fast as full auto, and you can still kind of aim.  I've got it up to about 600 RPM that way.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#20]
TEC-9s/AB-10s bump beautifully...can dump 32 rds in about 2 secs---what a blast!
The only reason I keep the damned thing b/c they're not much good for anything else.

I can bump my Eagle 16" carbine just as well--and better than I could with my SLR-95 (AK).
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#21]
So then it is just a matter of finesse in pulling the hanguard forward enough to tickle and release the trigger and then try to hold that amount of pressure on the forend?.........in other words treat 'em like a lady?  Sounds like fun to me!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top