Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 8:31:40 AM EDT
Hi All!

I'm wondering if anyone has an M4gery rigged up (with photographs you could please post!) like this:

- Flat top upper
- Collapsible Buttstock
- KAS RAS System
- PRI gas block/flip up front sight
- SWAN sleeve rail (mounted across the RAS and the AR upper flat top)
- ARMS #40 flip up rear sight

I'm thinking of setting up my AR like this, however I wanted to see it all put together before I shelled out the cash! The other option I was considering was the ARMS #45 SIR system, however it looks a little bulky for my liking.

Thanks so much....

BrobeeBiter
www.argonautarmament.com
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#1]
here's a pic i saved from here, don't know who's gun it is but it's set up close to what you have listed above

[img]http://www.fuyastudios.com/media/guns/arweb2.jpg[/img]

hope that helps.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#2]
One question...

Why not just use SIR if you are going to use a sleeve on top of RAS?

Um..if you are talking about looks here, then there is no objection.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you Apple_Tech...that is exactly what I was looking for.

MaverickMkii:  Good question, and one that I have not answered for myself yet. The variables are  mostly a matter of practicality, simplicity, ergonomics, weight, and looks. I'm still evaluating the equation, and it is darn difficult if a guy can't try one and then immediately try the other.

Thanks again....

BrobeeBiter
www.argonautarmament.com
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=9889[/img]

I had everything but the PRI front sight at one point.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to say that if you go with this setup as opposed to the SIR you can always remove the ARMS #38 ex modl rail and use the RAS alone if you decide to.  This way you can have rail height adaptability as opposed the the SIR which has a rail as part of the system that you cannot remove.  Of course the #38 ex. rail is'nt cheap if you decide you don't want it but you can always save it for another weapon.....[:)]  Those pics above are terrific BTW!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#6]
The Sir will free float your barrel, while this system was designed specificaly to not free float the barrle.  It is supposed to suport the barerl at the Hand guard cap.  It was believed that bolt failures were caused by drooping m4 barrels in sustained full auto fire.  This was the fix.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top