Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 10:24:24 AM EDT
I'm about to start building another AR, but this one will be an 18" or 20" SPR used for LR shooting.  I really liked the ones that Ducati and new-arguy built.  I'm about to go pick up a DPMS lower that I will probably use as the foundation.  I would appreciate if you gents would happily show off your SPRs to give me some ideas.  I will also accept any suggestions.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]
MarineNP,
Thanks for the kind words. I won't use more bandwidth with more stuff about mine but I will say... If you do nothing else, get the Compass Lake / Douglas  SPR barrel and bolt fron Wes at MSTN for about $450. Put a good trigger in your lower. A free float forend is probably next in line after a good barrel and trigger. The rest is whatever floats your boat.
Good luck and show us photos when you are done.
I would be happy to talk about mine more if you want to off-line.
Ed
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Many pics [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=154349&w=searchPop]here[/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's mine! Just completed it today, and couldn't have done it without Lane Army Inf on AR15.com. Upper is Bushmaster A3 with Douglas air gauged 18" SS barrel 1/8 twist,PRI fiber forend,Pri flip up front sight,ARMS #38 SPR rail, Ops inc 4 port muzzle brake, ARMS #40 flip up rear bius, ARMS #22M rings,Burris Bal plex rec 3x9x50. Lower is Eaglearms pre ban with machined 2 stage trigger. Sweet deal ha! Now I will have fun breaking it in. Call Lane for all your AR needs, he is the best by far. [email protected]   [img]www.auction-pix.com/lane/ChrisDSPR2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's mine,

[img]http://home.graffiti.net/3par/DSCN0026.JPG[/img]

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Good pics, I need an SPR.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
very sweet rifles guys...damn i'm getting antsy  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#8]
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=162305&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
dcobra23, I too am going to build on the ArmaLite M15NM lower.

hycheng, that's one fine looking AR you have there !
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:04:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Just got my KAC M4...man the trigger on this thing is sweet. Think i found my SPR lower. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I chose the Armalite NM lower due to the fine craftsmanship put in to it. The NM 2 stage trigger is by far #1 I think and I belive many agree. The Arms bipod adapter and Harris bipods will be in on Thurs day. I also ordered a lens shade from burris as well as target turret knobs for the scope. The few details left will dress it up nicely. Thanks for all the great compliments. Hey Lane St John was the final decision for this project. He is also an exclusive Armalite dealer. You might want to contact him at [email protected] for for pricing on these items. By far he will meet or beat all prices. He is also a qualified US Army armorer. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I was going to go all black but I have 5 black AR15s and I figured this one should stand out. Besides Armalite is known for there green furniture. Nice rifle your self.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top