Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2003 12:46:13 PM EDT
If I order a rifle from a company, and have it shipped, they must ship it to an FFL, I understand that part.  However, if a company ships rifles to FFL dealers, couldn't I go to that company and pick the rifle up, and skip the shipping part?  Or is there something I am missing that says they have to ship it to a FFL?  Isn't the original company an FFL anyway?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I 2 would like to know this.  Since I am planning on buy a few stinger lowers.  I dont know the proceedure for FFL transfers either.   This will be my first weapon/toy built and bought by me.  I am already planning 2 more Ar-15 after this 1.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Not all manufacturers choose to do direct retail sales. There are reasons. They might not be really set up with a retail sales area, choose not to do 1nsies and twosies sales. They also choose to protect thier volume pricing wholesalers by not trying to undercut them.

Legally they can not sell handguns to non state residents, they may sell long guns if it's legal by the buyer's state laws. They might not have the expertise to know the state laws of any potential buyer's who might drive up to thier door and want to buy something choosing to instead let the receiving FFL dealer know the laws of his state of license. Sometimes zoning laws for manufacturing do not allow retail sales.

Legally it's up to them to choose how to market thier product.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#3]
depends on the company.....like David said, they don't have to sell to you directly (providing you are in the same state)becasue they may not sell to the general public from their shop or warehouse etc...

OOW although they are not a retail outlet store will sell a state resident a AK receiver, or a firearm they may have....providing you call them ahead of time and tell them you want to buy from them, then it's a matter of going to their factory buying and filling out the paperwork.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top