Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/12/2003 11:31:22 AM EDT
My local shop just took in a pristine model 6651. It's serial number is ST01875x. The curious thing is that it's drilled for a front push pin and has a small front hole. Does this add much to the value? Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:37:03 AM EDT
Well, it adds more to the value as this is the only style Pre-Van Colt I would buy! I have owned a few small pivot Colts with te pre-drilled hole and if you pit the mil-spect takedown pin you will have a great setup that will let you swap uppers in a snap and those uppers can be any mil-spec upper! Yes, I think it is worth more money! How much more, well that is tough to say as I would never buy a large pivot Colt again after owning one so who knows?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:52:15 PM EDT
I agree, the small hole with detent pre-drilled is the only way to go. I have three Colts and they are all small front, with pre drilled holes. BTW...is it a Target modle...6551? Whats the asking price?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:34:31 AM EDT
It says Sporter Target on the side with a standard weight barrel. The lady who sold it to the store said her husband had it. He passed away in 1995 and it was sitting in her closet ever since. I can pick it up for $1200.00. Probably not a great price but not too bad either.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:55:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By davida: It says Sporter Target on the side with a standard weight barrel. The lady who sold it to the store said her husband had it. He passed away in 1995 and it was sitting in her closet ever since. I can pick it up for $1200.00. Probably not a great price but not too bad either.
View Quote
I think $1200 is a pretty darned good price... Prices have dropped a bit lately as I think that we are in a buyer's market as some sellers are unloading with the hope the ban goes away. Still, for a Pre-Ban Colt, I would be begging you for contact info if I hadn't just bought a transferable UZI... These really are great guns as I had one identical to what you are describing. I think I like the Match HBAR a little better as the pin for the sear block is a little different as I recall but with the Blue label Colts there are no rules! If you didn't buy it yet, is it still there? Post a phone number here and I bet it's sold in less than an hour!!! I will put $20 on that bet if you are foolish enough to accept!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:19:56 AM EDT
I would defninatly go for the small hole colt if I could do it again. However, I am trying to bring my SP1 back into its origional configuration whcih if fun too. To each his own, but I say small hole.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:55:01 AM EDT
Tha price isn't much more than what postban Colts are going for. If you are in the AR market, it is a good deal.
Top Top