Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2003 11:31:22 AM EDT
My local shop just took in a pristine model 6651.    It's serial number is ST01875x.   The curious thing is that it's drilled for a front push pin and has a small front hole.   Does this add much to the value?   Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, it adds more to the value as this is the only style Pre-Van Colt I would buy!  I have owned a few small pivot Colts with te pre-drilled hole and if you pit the mil-spect takedown pin you will have a great setup that will let you swap uppers in a snap and those uppers can be any mil-spec upper!

Yes, I think it is worth more money!  How much more, well that is tough to say as I would never buy a large pivot Colt again after owning one so who knows?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, the small hole with detent pre-drilled is the only way to go.

I have three Colts and they are all small front, with pre drilled holes.

BTW...is it a Target modle...6551?

Whats the asking price?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:34:31 AM EDT
[#3]
It says Sporter Target on the side with a standard weight barrel.   The lady who sold it to the store said her husband had it.   He passed away in 1995 and it was sitting in her closet ever since.   I can pick it up for $1200.00.   Probably not a great price but not too bad either.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It says Sporter Target on the side with a standard weight barrel.   The lady who sold it to the store said her husband had it.   He passed away in 1995 and it was sitting in her closet ever since.   I can pick it up for $1200.00.   Probably not a great price but not too bad either.
View Quote

I think $1200 is a pretty darned good price...  Prices have dropped a bit lately as I think that we are in a buyer's market as some sellers are unloading with the hope the ban goes away.  Still, for a Pre-Ban Colt, I would be begging you for contact info if I hadn't just bought a transferable UZI...  

These really are great guns as I had one identical to what you are describing.  I think I like the Match HBAR a little better as the pin for the sear block is a little different as I recall but with the Blue label Colts there are no rules!

If you didn't buy it yet, is it still there?  Post a phone number here and I bet it's sold in less than an hour!!!  I will put $20 on that bet if you are foolish enough to accept!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I would defninatly go for the small hole colt if I could do it again. However, I am trying to bring my SP1 back into its origional configuration whcih if fun too. To each his own, but I say small hole.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Tha price isn't much more than what postban Colts are going for.  If you are in the AR market, it is a good deal.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top