Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/12/2003 3:25:40 AM EDT
I picked up one of these uppers at the Fayetteville Gun Show last weekend. I think I got a good deal, but unfortunately any information didn't come with that price. I showed it around a bit and everyone that had a comment about it had a different opinion. The upper doesn't have any markings on it whatsoever...not even a twist rate stamped on the barrel. The barrel is "extra-heavy" and has a fast rate, I would guess about 1:8. The handguard has a small "crack" about 1" long. Some conflicting things that I was told was that it is a Colt upper, it is a FN upper and yesterday someone said that it could even be made by Hesse. I think he said that the bolt forward assist was a giveaway as non-Colt, but what do I know? Does anyone have any information on this? I have a few digital pics if that would help.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:35:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:15:13 PM EDT
what kind of forward assist is on there? the hesse upper that I have seen have the tear drop shaped ones on them........god I hope you didn't get a hesse. for sure it isn't a COLT....as for a FN, someone is dreaming. it's really hard to say what kind of upper it is, if there is no marking on it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:15:15 AM EDT
The forward assist is the round type. What is different about the FN that would help distinguish from the 2?
Top Top