Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2003 3:25:40 AM EDT
I picked up one of these uppers at the Fayetteville Gun Show last weekend.  I think I got a good deal, but unfortunately any information didn't come with that price.  I showed it around a bit and everyone that had a comment about it had a different opinion.  The upper doesn't have any markings on it whatsoever...not even a twist rate stamped on the barrel.  The barrel is "extra-heavy" and has a fast rate, I would guess about 1:8.  The handguard has a small "crack" about 1" long.  Some conflicting things that I was told was that it is a Colt upper, it is a FN upper and yesterday someone said that it could even be made by Hesse.  I think he said that the bolt forward assist was a giveaway as non-Colt, but what do I know?  Does anyone have any information on this?  I have a few digital pics if that would help.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
what kind of forward assist is on there? the hesse upper that I have seen have the tear drop shaped ones on them........god I hope you didn't get a hesse.

for sure it isn't a COLT....as for a FN, someone is dreaming.

it's really hard to say what kind of upper it is, if there is no marking on it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:15:15 AM EDT
[#3]
The forward assist is the round type.  What is different about the FN that would help distinguish from the 2?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top