Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 5:09:06 PM EDT
Well I finally decided to build the absolute best, lightest "social" rifles I knew how. Having sold other project guns that I lost interest in, I now have a stout enough checkbook to build some keepers and still pay for school. Any feedback would be helpful.

First is my AR-15 "light" project:
-A Hesse (I know, I know, but I was told it will work) carbon fiber stripped lower.
-RRA lower parts kit.
-RRA flattop upper w/ Teardrop FA
-New "beefy" RRA bolt group
-Bushmaster Chrome lined Standard 20" barrel, Carbon fiber wrapped under the handguards (Christensen Arms $500.00), then shortened to 16" with gas post work by KKF. I'll add a FS if the ban lifts, if not I’ll get an A3 break.
-ACE ARBT stock.
-ARMS SWAN sleeve w/ flip-up back up sight, with an Aimpoint Comp M2.
-M3 light
-Ergo HK style grip

So I will end up with an ultra light Dissipater

I will also be starting on a similar FAL project as soon I send out the AR-15 parts to be assembled. The FAL with be similar (carbon barrel and all) using the lightest parts available, topped with an ACOG.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
"an ultra light Dissipater"

Sounds cool. Pretty original. An particular reasons on going with a dissipater, instead of the usual lightweight m4gery?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
-A Hesse (I know, I know, but I was told it will work) carbon fiber stripped lower.
View Quote

Im without words...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Full sight radius, plus the light mounts without taking up too much space on the handguard, and I just like the look of the full-length handguard with the short barrel.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#4]
lol lumpy, I know, but those that I’ve talked to say they have not had a problem.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to make trouble, but I thought all Hesse Arms lowers are post ban, and according a conversation I had with Ace about the ARBT (or Boom Tube), it's an adjustable stock and is preban legal only.

Interesting story about this stock, the infamous 'man on the phone' told me that they did run the ARBT by the ATF and it was proclaimed adjustable in length, although it required tools to be adjusted.  Only the ARFX was approved.

YMMV, but since you mentioned your interest in compliance with the AWB in your post, I thought you may want to know.

-Dan
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks; I neglected to say that the boom tube stock was an addition based on a change in the ban. If not I’ll get the post ban version.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget to post a picture when you're done.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea I'll get one up as soon as it's all put together. It should be done in the next month or so, if I can keep my wallet away from the AK and G3 stuff.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top