Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2003 11:04:42 PM EDT
I've decided that I need a new barrel for my AR.  I bought the rifle used, and new it had some chamber issues, but this is rediculous.  Every round that I've tried has FTE problems b/c the chamber has an unfixable set of scratches.  

Anyways, Bushy has too long of a wait.  I was told 6-8 weeks, 6-8 weeks ago, and now it looks like I can't get one till fall.  Well, sorry Bushy, but you lose my business on this purchase.  What are some other options for a Post-ban 16" barrel w/ a 1/9?  I'd like a muzzle break, but that's not a deciding factor.  

I've looked ar RRA off of www.adco.com, and I'm not sure if I can just buy the barrel, or if I need to go w/ a new upper all together.  Everything else w/ the rifle is great, just the chamber sucks ass right now.  Let me know what are some good options to go w/.  I'd like to have it on my gun in less than a month.

Thanks in advance,
BigJ491
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
ADCO should have whatever options you are looking for.  You might also try polishing your chamber, the worst that happens is it stays screwed up.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Change the barrel, no need for complete upper, unless that is the way you want to do it, though more $. Try a fella that post as RADDAD, he indicated he might have spare barrels, he wanted to trade parts with me.

[email]  
[email protected][/email]

There is supposed to be a shop on RT-42 south of Brunswick, that is supposedly a Bushmaster Dist I think, ADCO in Toledo is RRA.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Try Brownells. I bought a 20' DPMS barrel from them that listed around $130 last year. Their on-line catalog will list if it is in stock or not.

[url]www.brownells.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Try here [url]www.ar15barrels.com[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top