Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/7/2003 11:04:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/7/2003 11:06:46 PM EDT by BigJ491]
I've decided that I need a new barrel for my AR. I bought the rifle used, and new it had some chamber issues, but this is rediculous. Every round that I've tried has FTE problems b/c the chamber has an unfixable set of scratches.

Anyways, Bushy has too long of a wait. I was told 6-8 weeks, 6-8 weeks ago, and now it looks like I can't get one till fall. Well, sorry Bushy, but you lose my business on this purchase. What are some other options for a Post-ban 16" barrel w/ a 1/9? I'd like a muzzle break, but that's not a deciding factor.

I've looked ar RRA off of www.adco.com, and I'm not sure if I can just buy the barrel, or if I need to go w/ a new upper all together. Everything else w/ the rifle is great, just the chamber sucks ass right now. Let me know what are some good options to go w/. I'd like to have it on my gun in less than a month.

Thanks in advance,
BigJ491
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:38:39 PM EDT
ADCO should have whatever options you are looking for. You might also try polishing your chamber, the worst that happens is it stays screwed up.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:14:10 AM EDT
Change the barrel, no need for complete upper, unless that is the way you want to do it, though more $. Try a fella that post as RADDAD, he indicated he might have spare barrels, he wanted to trade parts with me. [email] RADDAD_1@HOTMAIL.COM[/email] There is supposed to be a shop on RT-42 south of Brunswick, that is supposedly a Bushmaster Dist I think, ADCO in Toledo is RRA.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:07:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/9/2003 3:07:42 PM EDT by TAC40]
Try Brownells. I bought a 20' DPMS barrel from them that listed around $130 last year. Their on-line catalog will list if it is in stock or not. [url]www.brownells.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:24:36 PM EDT
Try here [url]www.ar15barrels.com[/url]
Top Top