Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/6/2003 2:44:44 PM EDT
Take a moment to remember those who hit the beaches on this date in 1944 in defense of the rights we enjoy today.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you know what funny though. Not one Newspaper I get mentioned D-Day today. The ONLY mention of D-Day in the whole paper was the Peanuts comic strip.

Rangers Lead the Way
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
God Bless all those troops!!

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad you reminded me. Don't usually forget about it but did this year. One of the greatest days of bravery for the american fighting man in this nation's history.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I know with my avitar I look two faced in saying this, but - may those who sacrificed their lives on that horible stretch of sand for the freedom of millions always be remembered.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#5]
ZRH, you're right.  Not a peep in the newspaper except for the little ittybitty strip "Today in History" thing.  Disgusting.  The Springfield Newsleader is getting yet another letter from me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#6]
June 6. The single most important day of the 20th century.  God bless those brave men.

[marines]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#7]
June 6th was my Dad's Birthday, and he always said 1944 was the best birthday present he ever got.  My Mom lost a (second or third) cousin at Omaha Beach tho, so that took a little of the joy out of it.

Now if only the damned French would remember!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]
SEMPER FI TO ALL THOSE BRAVE WHO GAVE SO MUCH FOR SO MANY GODSPEED
My Grandfather and my Godfather'Uncle both drove "Mike " boats that delivered those brave troops....Unfortinatly the "new" media dosen't want you to remember TRUTH and FREEDOM
Mark my words well this day
WE WILL BE THE NEXT CANADA/BRITIAN/AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND and our fire arms freedoms will be gone
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#9]
June 6 is also my #1 grandson's birthday. Easy day to remember. I had the honor of working in the Naval Shipyard in the late 60's with a lot of WW 2 vets., some of which hit the beach that day.God bless them all. My Dad's birthday was on May 30, another easy date to remember.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Bless 'em all!   And let's not forget North Africa, Sicily, Anzio, Tarawa, Saipan, Coral Sea, Leyte Gulf, or Iwo Jima, either!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Kinda funny but my birthday is V-Day. Same day as my grandmothers birthday too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#12]
RIP
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
June 6 is also my #1 grandson's birthday. Easy day to remember. I had the honor of working in the Naval Shipyard in the late 60's with a lot of WW 2 vets., some of which hit the beach that day.God bless them all. My Dad's birthday was on May 30, another easy date to remember.
View Quote

My birthday is also May 30 - the original Memorial Day.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:11:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, may they live forever in our memories.  It is through their sacrifices that we are having the freedome to be here today.  I just wish the politicians and media would remember that.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top