Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 6:31:37 AM EDT
I have a rll I will be picking up shortly.  I can't decide if I want an 11.5" or 10.25" barrel.  I will be buying a complete kit from model 1 sales or jt distributing, is one kit better than another?  If I go with model 1 they said I can upgrade my buffer to the heavy colt buffer.  Any input is welcome.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Since you live near philly check out www.autoweapons.com
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#2]
JT has a better rep than Model 1 here.

You could always go for the gold and get one of [url=http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=154615]these[/url]!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I would go with the 11.5".  The gas port is in the same position for both, ie 7" from the receiver.  You'll have a bit more dwell time using the 11.5" and it will be less abusive to your extractor and will be easier to get to run.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Ditto on the 11.5". I also have a brand preference with Colt - especially when dealing with shorties.

Shorties function on a thin margin. Since Colt invented the shorty, they supposedly know how to make it run best. I don't know this for a fact as I only own Colt factory shorties. But then again, I have no functioning issues. Pricey but they work.

Definitely go with the H buffer. You can always upgrade to a two-piece or hydralic (sp?).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top