Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/6/2003 6:31:37 AM EDT
I have a rll I will be picking up shortly. I can't decide if I want an 11.5" or 10.25" barrel. I will be buying a complete kit from model 1 sales or jt distributing, is one kit better than another? If I go with model 1 they said I can upgrade my buffer to the heavy colt buffer. Any input is welcome.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:04:04 AM EDT
Since you live near philly check out www.autoweapons.com
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:27:57 AM EDT
JT has a better rep than Model 1 here. You could always go for the gold and get one of [url=http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=154615]these[/url]!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:01:06 AM EDT
I would go with the 11.5". The gas port is in the same position for both, ie 7" from the receiver. You'll have a bit more dwell time using the 11.5" and it will be less abusive to your extractor and will be easier to get to run.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:12:53 AM EDT
Ditto on the 11.5". I also have a brand preference with Colt - especially when dealing with shorties. Shorties function on a thin margin. Since Colt invented the shorty, they supposedly know how to make it run best. I don't know this for a fact as I only own Colt factory shorties. But then again, I have no functioning issues. Pricey but they work. Definitely go with the H buffer. You can always upgrade to a two-piece or hydralic (sp?).
Top Top