Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 7:16:44 AM EDT
I am new to this board but have been reading the posts for quite some time in order to gather information.  Yesterday I broke down and purchased a Colt M4.  Difficult decision with all the other manufactures producing similar firearms.  The question I have is as follows:
I do not know if the barrel on my M4 is Chrome lined.  How critical is this.  I own and have owned numerous firearms, 44 mags, 45 acp, 22 rimfire's, 30-06's, 30-30's the list goes on. Everytime I go and shoot my firearms they all get a thorough cleaning.  I use them but I take care of them.  If in fact the barrel is not Chromed lined what is the significance given that I clean them after a day of shooting.
None of the aforementioned firearms that I own have Chrome Lined Barrels and I have never had a problem.  Some of these weapons are 30 years old.  Any comments would be appreciated so I may learn the significance of Chromed Lined Barrels.

Thanking you in advance for your comments.

Steve
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the board and welcome to the "black fever" [beer]

Yes, the barrel is chrome-lined.  The 6400c is the only Colt Match Target with a chrome-lined bore and chamber.  The others just have a chromed chamber.  IMO, the beauty about chrome-lining is I don't have to break the barrel in and it makes cleaning easier.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I love chrome. Screw quarter inch groups Id rather have a gun that shoot 20k rounds before the accuracy is even a little effected.

BTW M16A1s with chrome lined bores will shoot straight after about 40k rounds.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top