Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/30/2003 6:54:11 AM EDT
wondering what every one's thoughts are
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:50:30 AM EDT
All the one's I've fired were tack drivers. However Fulton doesn't have chrome lined barrels so that excludes them from duty/defensive use IMHO. The only chrome lined barrels they do sell are suplus M16A1 barrels which pretty much limit you to 55gr & under. But who needs a plinking barrel with match sights?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:46:39 PM EDT
I have heard this saying, that noon-chromed disqualifies from defense/duty use. Why is this? I mean, I realize this is non-preferred, and maybe even unsuitable for military use, but why should I be concerned about my non-chrome barrel in a clean, 100% gun for home defense? The AR system isn't *that* fragile, is it? Military has used non-chrome barrels for years and years in some guns, it's OK. The VietNam experience was due to a lot more than non-chromed barrels (inexperience and bad maintenance). Anyway, I have a 20" A2 Fulton. 100% reliable, never a surprise. Even works 100% with Wolf and Olympic ammo! I shoot it dirty with no failures, but I keep it clean when it's detailed for defense.
Top Top