Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 6:24:33 AM EDT
I've been monitoring this site for quite some time and have learned a lot, thanks for all the great info!

I am planning on ordering my first AR15 in the next few weeks and am interested in comments on the configuration I have come up with. I will be ordering a Bushmaster. I am thinking about a 16" M4 barrel with no muzzle break (patrolman's carbine), an A3 upper and an A2 butt stock which I may change to the Ace skeleton stock, and the M4 style handguard.

I came up with this configuration because the concensus seems to be that a muzzel break is to noisy and the M4 barrel is a little lighter (better balance) and I think looks good (although I have not seen very many 16" M4 barrels with no muzzel breaks out there). Also, if the "ban" goes away, it may be easier to modify to a preban setup (telescoping stock and A2 flash hide).

What do you think? Good? Bad? Ugly? Pls. give me your honest feedback, I don't want to make a mistake on my first AR. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:54:10 AM EDT
Sounds good to me... I agree with leaving the barrel alone for future upgrading after AWB sunsets... Smart move... I started with a A2 upper - 20" barrel for my "first" AR. My next one will be an A3 upper with a 16", Ace skeleton stock... Have no opinion on handguards though, they all look good to me, some more exotic than others... [sniper2]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:37:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By markd: I've been monitoring this site for quite some time and have learned a lot, thanks for all the great info! I am planning on ordering my first AR15 in the next few weeks and am interested in comments on the configuration I have come up with. I will be ordering a Bushmaster. I am thinking about a 16" M4 barrel with no muzzle break (patrolman's carbine), an A3 upper and an A2 butt stock which I may change to the Ace skeleton stock, and the M4 style handguard. I came up with this configuration because the concensus seems to be that a muzzel break is to noisy and the M4 barrel is a little lighter (better balance) and I think looks good (although I have not seen very many 16" M4 barrels with no muzzel breaks out there).
View Quote
This is a very nice vision for your rig, but
Also, if the "ban" goes away, it may be easier to modify to a preban setup (telescoping stock and A2 flash hide).
View Quote
this shows your already looking to customize/personalize it.[;)]
Top Top