Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 8:33:32 AM EDT
While trying to clear a jam, I smashed my AR on the ground a few times while yanking on the charging handle.  Unfortunately, I forgot to collapse the stock first, and the "pin" or whatever got all bent to crap.  It broke off as I was trying to get it out.  It was a cheap, $25 gun-show stock anyway, so no big loss.

So now I need a new one.  I like the CAR-style, the older ones, without all the ribbing and stuff on it.  4-position is all I need, not 6 or anything like that.  And I'd like to keep it under or around $100.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Rock River Arms has an "old style" that retails for $65. Pete/Legal Transfers probably stocks it even cheaper.

I bought a 6-pos "new style" RRA from Pete. Good product and great/fast service.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#2]
yea, go to the gun show and get a 4 pos stock.

just like you said!

or just buy the part you need to fix your existing stock.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you need the whole assembly or just the sliding stock?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I need the whole assembly.  The knob at the end of the adjustment pin is what broke off - it's inside the stock.  Basically, it's a non-collapsable stock now.  The shaft of the pin broke off and left the knob inside.

I could buy another cheap-ass stock at a show, but I'd like something a little more durable.  This one was kinda cheesy, I want a quality one.  I checked out RRA, Model 1 Sales, J & T, and Bushy's websites, they're all under $100 and range down to about $45.  I just don't want another cheapie, so I'm looking for opinions from those that have them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#5]
55 bucks at M-Aparts.com

They're the real deal and their tough.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Again, I like my RRA telestock. Well made and relatively tight and rattlefree.

I mounted it on a transferable Colt M16A2. I wanted the best stock, cost no object given the cost of the base gun. I thought the Colt 6 position was not really any better at over twice the cost.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I purchased a colt 4 position telescopic buttstock for my colt in order to keep it 100% colt.  It looks like the ones you see being carried in Iraq by our troops.  It is great. That said, I have bought two RRA 6 pos. stocks, one for my bushmaster M4 and the other as a spare.  I have not shot with it but it looks so damn durable.  Just my .02 worth.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top