Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/29/2003 8:33:32 AM EDT
While trying to clear a jam, I smashed my AR on the ground a few times while yanking on the charging handle. Unfortunately, I forgot to collapse the stock first, and the "pin" or whatever got all bent to crap. It broke off as I was trying to get it out. It was a cheap, $25 gun-show stock anyway, so no big loss.

So now I need a new one. I like the CAR-style, the older ones, without all the ribbing and stuff on it. 4-position is all I need, not 6 or anything like that. And I'd like to keep it under or around $100. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:38:15 AM EDT
Rock River Arms has an "old style" that retails for $65. Pete/Legal Transfers probably stocks it even cheaper. I bought a 6-pos "new style" RRA from Pete. Good product and great/fast service.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:42:59 AM EDT
yea, go to the gun show and get a 4 pos stock. just like you said! or just buy the part you need to fix your existing stock.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:55:25 AM EDT
Do you need the whole assembly or just the sliding stock?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:58:54 AM EDT
I need the whole assembly. The knob at the end of the adjustment pin is what broke off - it's inside the stock. Basically, it's a non-collapsable stock now. The shaft of the pin broke off and left the knob inside. I could buy another cheap-ass stock at a show, but I'd like something a little more durable. This one was kinda cheesy, I want a quality one. I checked out RRA, Model 1 Sales, J & T, and Bushy's websites, they're all under $100 and range down to about $45. I just don't want another cheapie, so I'm looking for opinions from those that have them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:05:16 AM EDT
55 bucks at M-Aparts.com They're the real deal and their tough.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:04:14 AM EDT
Again, I like my RRA telestock. Well made and relatively tight and rattlefree. I mounted it on a transferable Colt M16A2. I wanted the best stock, cost no object given the cost of the base gun. I thought the Colt 6 position was not really any better at over twice the cost.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:09:04 AM EDT
I purchased a colt 4 position telescopic buttstock for my colt in order to keep it 100% colt. It looks like the ones you see being carried in Iraq by our troops. It is great. That said, I have bought two RRA 6 pos. stocks, one for my bushmaster M4 and the other as a spare. I have not shot with it but it looks so damn durable. Just my .02 worth. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:33:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/29/2003 11:37:15 AM EDT by SinistralRifleman]
Top Top