Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 11:48:22 AM EDT
I put my ta31 on last night and went shooting with it and half way through I noticed it was about to come off from vibration. The mount has thumbscrews with it but that isnt enough. Do I have to use loctite to keep it on? Also, from it vibrating, it marred some of the finish on the top of reciever, Can I tocuh that up?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, make sure the thumbscrews are snug - if you fit a quarter into the slot you should be able to tighten it up enoungh by hand.

Blue locktite will work, but I'd use it as a last-ditch effort.

Any good gun-shop will have something to fix-up your scratched finish too. But don'n fix it - consider it a battle-scar!

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I am currently having the same problem with my ARMS #39 on the carry handle. However, earlier this year I almost screwed myself big time with loctite on a cheap scope. Basically, after using loctite on the thumbscrew it was still kind of loose after a few rounds and when I went to go tighten it again there was no slot for a screwdriver to hold it in place. (smooth top) I had a free spinning bolt with nothing to stop it with!  I had to drill down into the bolt and use the "easy out" method. It was a HUGE pain in the a**.  So be sure you have a way to tighten or loosen the bolt after using loctite because it does it’s job very well! BTW, I don't use cheap scopes anymore. Just my 2¢.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top