Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 11:48:22 AM EDT
I put my ta31 on last night and went shooting with it and half way through I noticed it was about to come off from vibration. The mount has thumbscrews with it but that isnt enough. Do I have to use loctite to keep it on? Also, from it vibrating, it marred some of the finish on the top of reciever, Can I tocuh that up?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:41:04 PM EDT
Well, make sure the thumbscrews are snug - if you fit a quarter into the slot you should be able to tighten it up enoungh by hand. Blue locktite will work, but I'd use it as a last-ditch effort. Any good gun-shop will have something to fix-up your scratched finish too. But don'n fix it - consider it a battle-scar!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:10:59 PM EDT
I am currently having the same problem with my ARMS #39 on the carry handle. However, earlier this year I almost screwed myself big time with loctite on a cheap scope. Basically, after using loctite on the thumbscrew it was still kind of loose after a few rounds and when I went to go tighten it again there was no slot for a screwdriver to hold it in place. (smooth top) I had a free spinning bolt with nothing to stop it with! I had to drill down into the bolt and use the "easy out" method. It was a HUGE pain in the a**. So be sure you have a way to tighten or loosen the bolt after using loctite because it does it’s job very well! BTW, I don't use cheap scopes anymore. Just my 2¢.
Top Top