Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 2:21:22 PM EDT
just bought a new RRA 16 BARREL FLAT TOP. GOING TO USE IT FOR HUNTING. I HAVE PUT A 3 X 10 X 50 SCOPE ON IT. i am thinking about putting a laser on it. question....... they say you can see the laser dot out on a target to 150 yards in the day day time ? do guys think it would be possible to kill a running coyote ****( in the day time ) up close with just putting the laser on him ? i did not know if you could really see the dot on him our not. would it be better just looking through the scope ? thanks. marty
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Put a Dr Optic on top of your ring and you will not only have a lighter set up but it will be FAR FAR more accurate and usable for what you are trying to accomplish.

The only laser you can see ou to 150 yards in the day is a green laser.  Good luck finding one that works with a firearm.

Trust me, big time, red lasers dont work ouside on a sunny day for shooting much of anything much less a fast moving animal at long range.

If you search around you will see a Dr Optic sight on top of variable 10X + scopes for close in work.  It automatically adjusts to the correct brightness and provides a dot you can see and use day or night.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as the laser on a moving target. You have to lead on a moving target thus making the laser quite usless out past 30 yards. As for red lasers in sunlight forget it ! Try it with a $7 laser pointer. but the laser still looks cool straped to you'r AR.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top