Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 5:02:15 PM EDT
FINALLY, my m4 upper from RRA came in and i now have a functional firearm. Its a NM RRA lower from Pete at Legal Transfers and a chrome lined m4 tact with faux FS from Sable co with some various other parts i need to still install like my sir 50 from pete and my sir FPG from MSTN. CANT WAIT to try it!!!

and oh man what a TIGHT fit!

Ok now i took it to the range, 50 yard indoor, and man was i surprised, with the arms buis i was able to put all 30 rnds into the black at 50 yards. no sighting in required, keep in mind this is my first ar, first time shooting an ar and my first time with a peep sight. and man do i llove the peep sight compared to the post and notch. well sorry no picks. Oh one thing there is absolutely no play between upper and lower, it is sooooo tight, any ideas on how to seperate the two so i can clean them???
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice

Oh btw....WOLVERINES!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
ok here it is about an hr later with most of my toys on it

[img]http://members.aol.com/erouls/arsir.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet!

Have fun with it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]
need me to break it in for you?  ;p
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I sincerely hate you with all my heart....

I am soooooo jealous!! I'll be shooting that thing in the (wet) dream I'm going to have.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Let us know how it shoots!

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok now i took it to the range, 50 yard indoor, and man was i surprised, with the arms buis i was able to put all 30 rnds into the black at 50 yards. no sighting in required, keep in mind this is my first ar, first time shooting an ar and my first time with a peep sight. and man do i llove the peep sight compared to the post and notch. well sorry no picks. Oh one thing there is absolutely no play between upper and lower, it is sooooo tight, any ideas on how to seperate the two so i can clean them???

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I had the same experience with the peep sight. The AR was my first time using a peep. Since I rarely shoot past 300 yds, I've practically abandoned my scope except for testing ammo. I have been thinking about trying one of the red dot optics just for fun.

And by the way, damn nice rifle.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks, ya i just ordered a package deal aimpoint m2 and arms m68 from alscustom
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Guntoting_Spartan
  any ideas on how to seperate the two so i can clean them???
View Quote

First remove the magazine and make sure the weapon is unloaded and cleared, bolt forward.   At the front just above the mag well and at the back behind and above the pistol grip are 2 pins about 1/4" in diameter.  Push them out from the left to the right.  The upper and lower should now seperate.  Take the upper and with it up-side-down pull the charging handle back about 2" and the bolt and bolt carrier should come right out the back.  Pull the charging handle all the way back and up at the front and it too should come right out.

Get a good plastic or nylon coated cleaning rod (Dewy or Bore Tech), some plastic bore (or I use case mouth) brushes, patches, pierce type jag and some Hoppe's No. 9 bore cleaner.  Also get some gun grease and CLP and Remington gun oil.  A can of air and I use electric contact cleaner.  Some use break cleaner.  If you use these make sure you reoil everything realy thoroughly.  This stuff will remove all the oil even from those little nooks and places where you don't want it removed from.  Clean the bore form the breach end.  Visit
Maintenace and cleaning for all kinds of advice.

You should be good to go.  

Nice looking rifle.

What part of the Mit do you hail from?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I like OTIS to clean my AR15'S!
I also use a punch to take my bushmasters apart!

Have Fun Blasting away!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice gun Spartan.... I wish my first ar was that nice. Good accesories. You'll enjoy it for years.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Get a good plastic or nylon coated cleaning rod (Dewy or Bore Tech),.........

View Quote

That's such [b]GOOD advice[/b] and so often overlooked.  Even though your barrel is likely to be chrome lined the above cleaning rod is the way to go.  (Good to use with chrome moly and chrome lined barrels and imperative with stainless steel.)
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#14]
near detroit
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top