Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/22/2003 10:08:58 AM EDT
Who has those "tactical rubber bands" to secure the pressure switch for my M3s to my forgrip? It's supposed to be made of innertube type material.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:11:36 AM EDT
Try your local bike store. Purchase some tire inner tubes and cut to needed size.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:15:17 AM EDT
It's not a sleeve, they are just as cheep but fit without screwing arounf with it, and better than velcro.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:45:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By az_larry: It's not a sleeve, they are just as cheep but fit without screwing arounf with it, and better than velcro.
View Quote
Yojimbo's got it. I took an old tube off my bike, and cut it into 'bands'. They fit perfectly over a KAC grip with room for a surefire pressure pad.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:19:37 PM EDT
Is this the same a "Ballistic Tape" and "Ballistic Hammers"? I've heard of primers being held in with Ballistic tape!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:31:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HipFiredGun: Is this the same a "Ballistic Tape" and "Ballistic Hammers"? I've heard of primers being held in with Ballistic tape!
View Quote
What?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:41:06 PM EDT
Ranger bands
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:53:01 PM EDT
i've been looking for a tactical, camo zipper form my fly for some time; anyone know where i can get one? mcole
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:09:24 PM EDT
Look over in the Equipment Exchange under Black Rifle Armory and Doorkicker6. They have them for $6 shipped I think. They are a little slow at answering emails, but they are a good bunch to do business with.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:22:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By QuikSilver: Look over in the Equipment Exchange under Black Rifle Armory and Doorkicker6. They have them for $6 shipped I think. They are a little slow at answering emails, but they are a good bunch to do business with.
View Quote
Thanks, that was the post I was looking for.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:24:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mcole: i've been looking for a tactical, camo zipper form my fly for some time; anyone know where i can get one? mcole
View Quote
They only sell those to poeple who actually need a fly, sorry.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:07:39 PM EDT
If you absolutely HAVE to be 'tactical', then by all means pay $6 plus shipping for a 'tactical rubber band.' BUT, if you don't need the word 'tactical' beside the product description, I would recommend the bike inner tube method. For $6 you can get a couple inner tubes, cut them up into 50+ rubber bands, and sell the ones you don't use to the Airsoft crowd for $6 each, just make sure to advertise them as 'tactical rubber bands.' [:D] Seriously, I just took an old standard sized inner tube off my mountain bike, cut off a couple strips and the fit was PERFECT. Doesn't slide off, will not break, isn't too tight (thus accidentally activating the light).... Just some friendly 'tactical' advise. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:12:07 PM EDT
yipper, i agree with above posts..i too, was lookin for the rubberbands,,and then i got into the inner tube trick for my magazines..and then i thought about my surefire...i got tired of the velcro holding stuff on and the sticky stuff coming off..so i jus cut sum narrow pieces of inner tube and it works like a charm..$3.19 @ KMART..too many ppl using "tactical" to loosly IMO..
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:06:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2003 5:07:56 PM EDT by az_larry]
You guys were right. I thought I would end up buying a dozen tubes in order to get the right size, but the first one I got fit perfect. I really didn't give a shit what was called, I just didn't want to by $20 worth of tubes and end up buying the "tactical bands" in the end. It does fit securely and doesn't activate the light.......I'm happy. I did notice that the tube is too big for my Knights grip, but I am now using the GG&Gs, as they hold 2 AA batteries. The Knights only holds 2 Lithiums. I haven't tried it on my Dieter grip yet.
Top Top