Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/21/2003 1:41:41 PM EDT
I am getting tired of swapping uppers around while at the range. With the prices of lowers being what they are, I have decided to build a lower for my 20" HBAR DPMS A2 upper. I haven't decided on brand, even though my local dealer has a good deal on RRA's.

My question to this forum is this. Should I get a cast or forged lower? What are the benefits of one over the other?

Please comment. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:51:03 PM EDT
The lower "is" the rifle so getting a good brand name is the thing to do. RRA, Bushy, Eagle Arms, DPMS, or Colt you can't go wrong. Since you have a DPMS upper why not get the same lower so it's a complete DPMS AR15. I love RRA. Just got a US Property marked lower and man was it a tight fit. Had to use a rubber mallet to get it to close the first few times, but it's good now. Very solid feel to it because of it. -Mark
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:56:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2003 3:57:25 PM EDT by mikeinkc]
I agree. Go with a DPMS forged lower. It`ll match your upper as DPMS teflon coats all their stuff a nice even black over hard coat anodizing.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:01:37 PM EDT
Forged, forged, forged, forged. They only cost 10 or 15 bucks more than the cast anyway. Since you have a DPMS upper, I'd consider the DPMS forged lowers. I have guns built on DPMS, Colt,Rock River, and Bushmaster lowers. They're all good products, and you can use any one of them with confidence----and they all occasionally put out a bad one[:D] If I recall, the DPMS lowers can be bought for competitive prices. You might be able to find a Rock River lower for $10 or $15 less, but the color match won't be as good.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:24:43 PM EDT
Thanks, sounds like DPMS it will bee.
Top Top