Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2003 1:41:41 PM EDT
I am getting tired of swapping uppers around while at the range. With the prices of lowers being what they are, I have decided to build a lower for my 20" HBAR DPMS A2 upper. I haven't decided on brand, even though my local dealer has a good deal on RRA's.

My question to this forum is this. Should I get a cast or forged lower? What are the benefits of one over the other?

Please comment. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The lower "is" the rifle so getting a good brand name is the thing to do. RRA, Bushy, Eagle Arms, DPMS, or Colt you can't go wrong. Since you have a DPMS upper why not get the same lower so it's a complete DPMS AR15. I love RRA. Just got a US Property marked lower and man was it a tight fit. Had to use a rubber mallet to get it to close the first few times, but it's good now. Very solid feel to it because of it.

-Mark
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree. Go with a DPMS forged lower. It`ll match your upper as DPMS teflon coats all their stuff a nice even black over hard coat anodizing.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Forged, forged, forged, forged.

They only cost 10 or 15 bucks more than the cast anyway.

Since you have a DPMS upper, I'd consider the DPMS forged lowers.  I have guns built on DPMS, Colt,Rock River, and Bushmaster lowers.  They're all good products, and you can use any one of them with confidence----and they all occasionally put out a bad one[:D]

If I recall, the DPMS lowers can be bought for competitive prices.  You might be able to find a Rock River lower for $10 or $15 less, but the color match won't be as good.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, sounds like DPMS it will bee.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top