Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/20/2003 6:45:10 PM EDT
Are Wilson muzzle breaks any good? I am considering getting a Colt 6400C and replacing the compensator with a Wilson muzzle break. I am sort of wary of sending my gun to them once I have it and was wondering if the installation could be done by either myself or my local gunsmith? Any information would be helpful, thanks!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:20:08 PM EDT
I like mine. I have one on a DPMS A2 upper (20"), and it serves the purpose of looking like a preban very well. I would recommend professional installation (which includes the pinning and silver solder, and perhaps a complete repark of your barrel assembly). Where in TX are you? If you are in San Antonio, I know a good smith. -Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:48:52 PM EDT
I am in a small town near Austin called Bastrop. And also, do you know if the compensator on the Colt 6400C can be removed? And if that (the 6400C) is a good gun or not compared to a Bushy or Oly. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:34:40 PM EDT
Well, everyone has his or her preferences, but I wouldn't kick your Colt 6400C out of bed for eating crackers, if you know what I mean! :) Colt, Bushmaster, Olympic, Armalite, Rock River, DPMS, Eagle Arms...buy what you want or think you will be truly happy with. The compensator which comes with the rifle can be removed, but get a professional to do it. Kurt seems to be the one everyone recommends. -Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:13:40 PM EDT
Thanks, but can I get the address or telephone of the gunsmith you know who does good muzzle break attachments? My email is mattld@austin.rr.com Thanks!
Top Top