Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2003 6:45:10 PM EDT
Are Wilson muzzle breaks any good?  I am considering getting a Colt 6400C and replacing the compensator with a Wilson muzzle break.  I am sort of wary of sending my gun to them once I have it and was wondering if the installation could be done by either myself or my local gunsmith?  Any information would be helpful, thanks!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine.  I have one on a DPMS A2 upper (20"), and it serves the purpose of looking like a preban very well.

I would recommend professional installation (which includes the pinning and silver solder, and perhaps a complete repark of your barrel assembly).

Where in TX are you?  If you are in San Antonio, I know a good smith.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in a small town near Austin called Bastrop.  And also, do you know if the compensator on the Colt 6400C can be removed?  And if that (the 6400C) is a good gun or not compared to a Bushy or Oly.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, everyone has his or her preferences, but I wouldn't kick your Colt 6400C out of bed for eating crackers, if you know what I mean!  :)

Colt, Bushmaster, Olympic, Armalite, Rock River, DPMS, Eagle Arms...buy what you want or think you will be truly happy with.

The compensator which comes with the rifle can be removed, but get a professional to do it.  Kurt seems to be the one everyone recommends.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, but can I get the address or telephone of the gunsmith you know who does good muzzle break attachments?  My email is [email protected]  Thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top