Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 9:13:52 PM EDT

Some time ago I was reading a old copy of Gunworld from the late 80’s I think. There was a article in it about this upper you could get to turn your AR 15/M 16 into kind of a pistol/SMG it did not use the buffer tube and  the upper had kind of a Sten look to it, looked fabricated ie. Made from welded parts not machined from a billet. I think the one in the article was 9mm but they where going to make them in other calibers.  
Well what the hell was it and anyone now where I can find more info?

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
If the top end was a square tube, odds are it was the "ARC" upper conversion... I, for the life of me, can not recall the name of the guy that made them -- he lived in AZ.

There was another version made by a guy also in AZ that had a integrated suppresor and ejected empties "down" the mag well, which worked well for attaching a brass catcher bag.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like the Olympic Arms OA-93 upper.

No buffer tube sticking out the back.

I kinda like it.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#5]
[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=156512&w=searchPop]Really cool link that really cool Troy mentioned:[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top