Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 9:13:52 PM EDT

Some time ago I was reading a old copy of Gunworld from the late 80’s I think. There was a article in it about this upper you could get to turn your AR 15/M 16 into kind of a pistol/SMG it did not use the buffer tube and the upper had kind of a Sten look to it, looked fabricated ie. Made from welded parts not machined from a billet. I think the one in the article was 9mm but they where going to make them in other calibers.
Well what the hell was it and anyone now where I can find more info?

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:09:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:18:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:23:46 PM EDT
If the top end was a square tube, odds are it was the "ARC" upper conversion... I, for the life of me, can not recall the name of the guy that made them -- he lived in AZ. There was another version made by a guy also in AZ that had a integrated suppresor and ejected empties "down" the mag well, which worked well for attaching a brass catcher bag.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:13:58 PM EDT
Sounds like the Olympic Arms OA-93 upper. No buffer tube sticking out the back. I kinda like it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:25:41 PM EDT
[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=156512&w=searchPop]Really cool link that really cool Troy mentioned:[/url]
Top Top