Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/7/2003 2:49:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2003 2:50:19 AM EDT by Eaker]
One of buddies asked me the following question and I want to be sure before I answer him.

With regards to an AR pre-ban " reciever" (new receiver only). I am being told that my pre-ban serial number proving that the reciver was made before the cutoff date is now to be considered a "post-ban" rifle as it was only a receiver versus a complete rifle. If I assemble it now I must conform to "post ban" parts and pieces...............

Thanks,

Eaker
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:53:42 AM EDT
[url]http://www.ar15.com/content/legal/preORpost.html[/url] As far as pre-ban and post-ban is concerned, the date of manufacture of the receiver has nothing to do with anything. If your AR was built into a whole AR, or in a complete kit form, before Sept. 13, 1994, you are the lucky owner of a pre-ban receiver. If the gun was built after this date, or if the receiver was without all of the parts to make a AR as of The Date, then it is post-ban.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:37:20 AM EDT
If you owned the rifle before the ban then only you can say wether or not you had the parts to assemble it. [;)] If its a receiver from someone else its a postban if it was not sold as a complete rifle or assembled prior to the ban.
Top Top