Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 2:14:28 PM EDT
I just picked up my first personal rifle for highpower.  Been shooting a club gun up till now.  

Debating what parts to keep in my bag to keep it up and running during matches.  

What parts would you suggest picking up?  Full bolt group?  Upper or Lower Parts kit?

Other items?

Thanks,

Chris
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It has long been a belief of mine that if you carry a spare part you'll never need it.  Eons ago, I went through three upper radiator hoses in one summer.  I started carrying a spare and haven't needed one since (that included 15 more years with the same car).

What would I carry?

I don't know if I'd want a full lower kit because if your trigger and hammer are fitted, replacement parts aren't going to help much.

Hammer and trigger springs incase one breaks.  Of course you should have hammer and trigger pins in case you lose one while replacing the springs.

Front and rear receiver pins because they could get bent when you take the gun apart to replace the hammer spring.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I was a small arms instructor when I was in the reserves and I also shot service rifle. The part I saw break the most was the extractor spring. The part that came loose most often was one of the fire control pins. The trigger pin can 'walk' out of the lower reciever after enough use. I keep an entire bolt carrier assembly in my range bag because if you have a problem with some part of the bolt, it's easier to swap the whole assembly and figure it out later. Some shooters carry an entire lower reciever so they don't have to try and trouble shoot your rifle on the line.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top