Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2002 5:05:42 AM EDT
I was at the gun shop last night for a FNRA meeting and spied on the rack an AR that I hadn't seen before.  Looking at it closer it was configured pre-ban, collaposable stock, bayo lug, goofy 5.5" flash hider on the really short barrel.  I wasn't too stoked about that.  Anyhow, the lower looked real nice, the upper a bit worn and the finish was a 'lighter' black than the lower.  The barrel is marked 5.56 in front of the sight base.  The lower has 'SWG' in a stop sign looking shape.  What does that mean anyhow?  The model was: CAR-AR.  I checked the sn on the Oly site, it was an early 91 build.  WHat can you tell me about it?  Is the upper original to the lower?  What about the color difference?  Given it's slightly beat up condition, what's it worth?  Thanks for the opinions/info.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The SWG "stopsign" means it is preban, I wouldn't care about the color difference if you don't like the short barreled upper, just sell it and buy a different upper that you do like.  

I just bought one NIB/ unfired for $750 a few months back, but it was a friend.  I think you should be figuring around $1000 for it, any less would be a better price, it shouldn't be much higher.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, just got back from the store on my lunch hour.  The owner asked if I was interested in it and said I could have it for a better price.  I guess being a patron for four years pays off, got it for $650!
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
You sir are a butt-monkey!  I hate you.  I just paid $600 for a RECEIVER!  You sir got a deal... did you run the number to see if it was stolen ;)
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The lower has 'SWG' in a stop sign looking shape.  What does that mean anyhow?  
View Quote

It's probably "SGW", which is Schutzen Gun Works. That's the name that Oly started with, as per their [url=http://www.olyarms.com/history.html]history page[/url].

JScott
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top