Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2002 4:38:54 PM EDT
Anybody own one of these?  If so, how well do you like it?  Are there any drawbacks of this weapon?  What the hell is a National Match 2 stage trigger?  How do these compare to the Bushy and Colt M4gery's?  I found a local guy with a good deal on them in stock.  He's got them for $799 NIB.  Is that a good price?
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The stock is really short and takes some time getting used to.  Do all RRA Entry tacticals come with the 2 stage trigger?

2 stage triggers are great for competition shooting, but aren't the best for CQB/Combat work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
All RRA rifles come standerd with a 2 -stage trigger. You can order a single stage though. Those guys can build any type of AR you can think ok. If you can name it they can custom build it. Laters.

JIM
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I posted the following over in the General Gun Discussion forum, but felt compelled to share what I ended up getting.  Here's the scoop:

BigDawg308 wrote:
About a month or so ago, my fiance and I ran into some financial problems due to some unforseen medical expenses.  We scraped and scraped to get all of the bills paid off without going into debt.  I sold a Wilson Combat Protector, a Kimber Target Eclipse II, a Trijicon Reflex II, etc., etc.  Well now that we are back in the black and had a few dollars, my bride to be said, "Why don't you go get yourself a new gun to replace one of the guns you sold?"  Of course I took that as the opportunity to rebuild the arsenal.  I've got a 20" Colt MT6700 and have been dying to get myself an M4gery of some sorts.  After reading about all of the happy Rock River Arms customers on this board, I decided I was going to get the RRA.  I pondered getting an RRA M4 Entry Tactical, but that stock is just too damned short.  I thought about getting the CAR UTE, but I wanted a flattop.  Well, lo and behold I found a dealer in Atlanta that had an M4 Tactical Entry in stock as well as the CAR UTE A2.  The M4 Tactical Entry was $799 and the CAR UTE was $779.  We talked for a few minutes and I told him I wanted the M4, but I did not like that short stock.  He said, "Well hell, I'm here to make you happy.  How about we put the upper from the M4 onto the lower of the CAR UTE.  Isn't that what you want anyways?"  I told him that was absolutely what I wanted.  He asked me would I mind paying an extra $15 since he was breaking up 2 rifles.  I said, "No problem at all!"  In a nutshell, I ended up getting the complete rifle the way I wanted it for $815 out the door.

The shop that did this for me is:

THE GUN SHOP  
4771 BRITT RD NW
NORCROSS , GA  
(770) 908-2425

Link Posted: 10/31/2002 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, that place is like 5 mins from my house.
I've been wanting to buy, but whenever I've got the cash, the store is cleaned out while he's
off selling at gun shows.
One day I'll time it right and catch him!
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered a RRA lower from him. He's all over gunbroker.com. We'll see how he does.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 2:23:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just ordered a RRA lower from him. He's all over gunbroker.com. We'll see how he does.

I looked him up on Gunbroker.  That guy has 34 pages of items on Gunbroker.  I couldn't believe it after being in his shop.  The shop has a pretty small showroom and isn't that impressive to the eye overall.  He does have a fine selection of weapons though and pretty good prices to go along with them.  I will definitely be a repeat customer of his after the service I got from them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#7]
What's his handle on gunbroker?
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What's his handle on gunbroker?

ton80
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep.  I ordered a Rock River M4 upper from him that's on it's way now.  Won't go into the particulars, but I can say that he's VERY honest, and a great deal maker.  The shipping was quick and I'd not hesitate to order from them again if they have something I want.

--ZERO
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the post-I have been looking for a similar setup.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I just picked my up a RRA M4 Entry and I love it.  I added a Knight's spacer/sling adapter to extend it out an inch or so.

I don't think my M4 entry came with the 2 stage.  I need to check.

SFG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top