Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 7:53:19 AM EDT
Does anyone manufacture AR mag speed loaders....the type that go on top of the mag for using stripper clips ?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean the 'stripper clip guide' aka 'The Spoon'?  Anybody who sells stripper clips should be selling these for about $0.50 to $1.00 each.  A good place to get them is Chuck Rupe at Wu's Surplus (cheap and excellent condition).  Buy several!

There is also a plastic device that fits on your belt.  The magazine goes in the bottom (its like an AR-15 magazine well) then you feed the magazine with stripper clips from the top.  Magazine is released by a button (just like your AR).  I never saw the need for these then the stripper clip guid is lighter, cheaper, smaller, and easier to use IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#2]
You should try the LULA loader/unloader that is advertised here.  It's slick, saves your fingers and supposed to save the feed lips on your mags.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Cammenga has a model that works with stripper clips. Very fast and no sore thumb.
LULA can't even come glose to that speed with loose ammo.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out the Beta company's stripper clip loader.  It's the best I've tried.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]

STRIPPER CLIPS ARE ONLY FASTER IF THEY ARE PRE-LOADED.

A LULA is faster if the stripper clips are unloaded, which most ammo is loose. If you think that loading stripper clips and then loading your mags is faster than a LULA, then you obviously haven't tried both of them. Another benefit of the LULA is the ease of unloading ammo that you don't want to shoot. It takes about 5 seconds.

Believe me, the LULA is no gimmick. I'm really happy with the one I bought.

Remember, all ammo does not come on stripper clips, so you will have to pre-load ammo onto the clips. Besides, why worry about stripper clips, just have more mags that are already loaded.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:12:09 AM EDT
[#6]

medicmandan
 10/22/2002 1:41:19 PM

You should try the LULA loader/unloader that is advertised here. It's slick, saves your fingers and supposed to save the feed lips on your mags.  
Waldo

I don't own one but saw one at a gun show couple weeks ago, looked like it worked great to me. The price was about $20.00.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:24:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It should be obvious that we are talking about ammo on stripper clips, read the original post.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Which is why its a great family activity to load stripper clips while watching TV.  

A LULA is faster if the stripper clips are unloaded,

Very True.

Besides, why worry about stripper clips, just have more mags that are already loaded.

Because I can buy 1000's of rounds worth of stripper clips for the cost of a single 30 round magazine.  To put all my ammo on stripper clips won't break the bank - it would take 1000's of dollars to buy all the magazines I'd need to load up my ammo.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, I don't know about anybody else here, but I'd sure like to know your source for "...1000's of rounds worth of stripper clips for the cost of a single 30 round magazine."

Around here, a new 30rd USGI mag is in the $30 range.  About the best I can do on ammo is the SA 300rd battle pack for around $40.  Where are you getting your ammo?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#10]
He said thousands of rounds worth of CLIPS for the price of a mag...
IE a few hundred clips for $30
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Heh...see...I was all excited about this cheap ammo!  
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:21:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Before this thread gets carried away,,, The Lula is a great loader if you're loading loose ammo. The Cammenga and the Beta (that I always forget about) are the best with ammo on strippers.
If you like your ammo loose, fine. Many of us prefer to store it on strippers. Mine comes right out of the Dillon and right onto s/clips.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Guy's,
Thanks for your help an info. I have not been able to find any of these loaders over the internet. Any help in this area would be appreciated.
Thanks again......Gary
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Denny's Guns (www.glocksbr.com) on the industry section of this site is offering $1 off on the maglula.  Check it out.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I find (especially being in the service and living in the field for extended periods of time) that the biggest reason to put or keep your extra rounds on stripper clips as opposed to extra magazines is space. the space it takes to store a 30 round magazine can be better employed by storing 90 rounds on strippers. (but thats just my opinion)

ps: another good source for stipper speed feeders (in my experience) is army navy surplus stores.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Does anyone manufacture AR mag speed loaders....the type that go on top of the mag for using stripper clips ?
Thanks

You can get them on-line from Bushmaster for $0.95 each.  We all know that they need our support right now.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/egss-02.asp
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#17]
LULA dude...the ONLY way to go...unloads even faster then it loads!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top