Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2002 2:28:30 PM EDT
I noticed that Bushmaster sold their dissipator barrels with a bayonet lug. How can you put a bayonet on it if the barrel isn't long enough? Tell me if I am being stupid.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#1]
No, you are not being stupid (unless you're doing something else that IS stupid, of course), the Dissipator will not mount a bayo, despite the lug. I have a tac light that I think will mount on a Dissipator (it was used on a short barrelled sub-gun). The barrel ring and the bayo latch are very close together. Similarly, a 16" barrel has problems mounting a bayo since the barrel ring on the bayonet rides too far back and is on the barrel instead of the flash suppressor.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top