Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2002 11:37:20 AM EDT
Where can I get some good photos of U.S. small weapons being used over seas.(websights)
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone else posted this website a few days ago...it may have some of what you are searching for.

www.urbanoperations.com/images.htm

Also, Special Weapons for Law Enforcement recently did a story about these weapons...the whole magazine was just about devoted to the weapons (small arms) being used overseas & by the military...you might want to pick up a copy.  I'll look later tonight to see which date it was.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
They aren't americans using them but,
try
www.isayaret.com
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]
If you buy that magazine:
Read the excellent and factual (as always) "SOFLAM: Special Forces and Air Power" article by Pat Rogers on page 28.

3. Flip back to page 4. The Gary Paul Johnston article named "The Guns of Afghanistan". It is one of the crappiest articles I've seen lately.
Some examples:

1. "The M16A2 has a maximum effective range of 1000 meters." (TM 9-1005-319-10 states 550m for individual/point targets and 800m for area targets.)

2. "The Army's Sniper Rifle in Afghanistan is the Special Purpose Rifle(SPR)." (Last time I checked it was the M24.)

3. "The M4 saw service in Grenada..." (Ha Ha Ha!)

4. He gives specs for the "M4A2 Carbine". Wow, I'm still on the M4A1.

5. Austin Powers: "It's amazing how the English countryside looks nothing like southern California." Most of the pictures are not from Afghanistan. One of the guys holding the SPR looks like he just threw on some chocolate chips and went out in his yard. His gear consists of a LCE straps, pistol belt, M16 mag pouch, and KPOT. Johnston"s SOPMOD 2 "CQB Enhanced Carbine" pictures are of Bushmasters he made up for a past article, not military weapons.

6. "The SIR is perhaps the most radical development in the history of the M16 rifle." OK, it's opinion, but come on, does this guy own ARMS stock or what?

7. "Both the RAS and SIR systems continue to be tested and evaluated by SOCOM..." The RAS already has a stock number and is an issue item.

8. "... .300 WIN MAG M24s..." I know its possible with the LA REM 700 receiver, but the 7.62 NATO versions are standard.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag is in use there with the 5th SFG. They are spray painted tan and have Leopold Vari-X III's mounted on them. At least earlier this year when I was deployed that's what they were carrying. I never saw a 308 rifle with them. But that's not to say they didn't have them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top