PLEASE HELP – NEW TO THE AR15 AND HAVING PROBLEMS.
Bushmaster AR15 problems.
A. When having filled a new Bushmaster magazine (10) round, inserting it into the magazine holder, and then releasing the charging handle, the round will not easily exit the magazine and enter into chamber, must do this 4 - 5 times before it will enter chamber.
B. 80% of time after an ejection no round is in chamber.
C. The bolt catch level sometimes does not engage on last round fired.
* New BM A3 Flat Top National Match Target Rifle.
* New BM 10 magazines just ordered (test 2 of 4).
* PMC .223A .55gn 3195-muzzle velocity. PMC's bronze line.
1. The 10 round Bushmaster magazines seem to be very difficult to load and unload. It almost seems that the rounds that are in the magazine make it difficult for the bolt to come back all the way for charging the next round. How can you tell if there is too much spring pressure?
2. If the next round enters the chamber correctly, the previous round gets ejected far behind me. If the next round fails to enter the chamber correctly, the previous round gets eject immediately right.
3. Even tried only putting five rounds in magazine to see what impact this would have. Sometimes but not all the times it world work and then others it would not.
4. Noticed something odd - when turn over rifle and looking through the magazine well towards the front on the bolt there is an uneven milled lip on the bottom of bolt. It starts high on the right and gets lower as it goes left. ? Does this contribute to the feeding problem?